Have anybody successfully convert family members to console game from mobile games

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
I have a teenager daughter who is obsess with mobile games, she spend money on rolling games while fasting herself, that shit is addictive like drugs

She does well in classes so I cannot really find an excuse to take away her phone, but cutting her budget is probably bad.

Should I introduce her to console games, putting fun foremost to ease addicts first and maybe take her outside more :unsure:

Ludwig

9 Feb 2023
Try telling her the truth. Some mobile games are predatory by designed to make a person addicted to it. In future she will be more careful.

There was a book I believe that was about how rich people raise their children and they mention that they don't allow their kids to use their smartphone or technologies like that and when they do they keep it at minimum as possible.
You know the saying that don't get high on your own supply.
Should I introduce her to console games, putting fun foremost to ease addicts first and maybe take her outside more :unsure:
Last of us is a good game to try, but I would go with Mario or Mario Kart as they can be played couch coop with the whole family.

OP
OP
historia

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Try telling her the truth. Some mobile games are predatory by designed to make a person addicted to it. In future she will be more careful.

There was a book I believe that was about how rich people raise their children and they mention that they don't allow their kids to use their smartphone or technologies like that and when they do they keep it at minimum as possible.

Last of us is a good game to try, but I would go with Mario or Mario Kart as they can be played couch coop with the whole family.
Honestly if only words and taking away phone ended well 😅

Probably I gonna try It takes two, Mario kart. Never I think I even touch those games. I'm thinking of getting Switch Zelda games but those are pretty addictive so.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

They don't care lol, that's why it's so predatory. Their brains are literally developing tolerance to being manipulated by the FOMO of mobile games.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
My girlfriend occasionally playa mobile games but has zero interest in video games beyond the occasional Mario Kart