Have you ever made an enemy through gaming??

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
Tell us about any situation where you made a rival or enemy in gaming, whether it was actually in a game or in debate surrounding gaming.

Discussion around gaming can get quite spicy, so it must have happened to a few here.

Reactions: Sircaw

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Short answer No
Longer answer Nope

If someone annoys me to the point of them getting on my nerves or could turn into a argument i tend to just stop it right there and move on.
I like a bit of friendly competition "rivalry" in some games but that's about as far as i will go life's to short to let things get out of hand.

Be Chill Get Along GIF by Shogun FX

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Sircaw and Jim Ryan

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
No... not really.
But I do remember being killed by an Invader in OG Demons Souls on PS3. Maybe it was a bit of ego/pride (sexism?), because the Invader had a female name... but I wanted revenge. I (yes, politely) asked for a proper duel (since I was ambushed while I was farming Skeletons), but she never replied back.

I used to play a lot of military shooters online back in the late 90's to early 2000s, and folks who were in clans would often take things way too personally.
From what I've seen from YT videos of NEWER military shooters (trust me, "Military Bros" are insane), nothing as changed... maybe a lot more racism and nationalism.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Jim Ryan and Sircaw

Al Catone

Whiskers
Staff member
18 Jun 2024
Never and enemy. But in the peak Halo 2 days there was this one player I always came across in snipe only matches. They destroyed me so bad that I invited them to 1v1 custom matches just to play snipers.
It was initially just me being pissed off that this guy with his bullshit sniping antics but then it turned into a friendly back and forth, where I actually improved a lot through them.
Over that year we would invite each other to duo matches and then back to 1v1 customs.

Good times man..... Never experienced that ever again.

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
I have tons of xbox shills that stalk my reddit profile because I push back against their constant bullshit.

To the point I've had to make new accounts which orher xbox shills eventually start to stalk and follow.

Been doing this for like a decade now. I've seen hundreds of these shill accounts get suspended over the years too and more and more just keep popping up.

There are hundreds if not thousands of Microsoft shill accounts on reddit that exist to promote Xbox/Game Pass and bash Playstation

One person I've brought up previously on here is an account that went by /u/autarch_kade who was a massive shill, got suspended from reddit and then reappeared as /u/wardrobeforhouses who is now also suspended on reddit.

This has happened many many times

Last edited:

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Not really. we've all gotten hate mail over a multiplayer game and we've been in heated discussions. But it's all just messing around.

However, it's never too late so screw y'all. 1v1 me, bruh!1!1

• party

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
No. But I’ll start right now.

The Last of Us 2 has trash gunplay and couldn’t carry an online game. Cursor drag and lag. Better off they got cancelled. They don’t have it.

This who act like ND’s PvP efforts were popular are f***ing clowns.

And that intro to TLoU2 was the most cringe soap opera garbage ever. I thought this game was about monsters but it’s hitting me with how the Asian guy had his girl stolen by a lesbian. Oh, now here play this painful snowball segment.

Naughty Dog sucks a big one.

OP
OP
Jim Ryan

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022

The Last of Us 2 has trash gunplay and couldn’t carry an online game. Cursor drag and lag. Better off they got cancelled. They don’t have it.

And that intro to TLoU2 was the most cringe soap opera garbage ever. I thought this game was about monsters but it’s hitting me with how the Asian guy had his girl stolen by a lesbian. Oh, now here play this painful snowball segment.

Valiant effort

• they're_right_you_know

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022

You're cruising for a bruising man.

Daniel Day Lewis Fight GIF by MIRAMAX

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me