Have you ever spent a significant amount of time glitch hunting in a game?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
For the past 16 to 17 years I have been looking for RE4 glitches on and off and was wondering if anyone else here as spent any time when gaming also glitch hunting in games? Surely I am not the only one who likes seeing hiw much you can break a game using its own mechanics?

Also is there anyone here who is a fan of speedrunning games? I know a few of my friends who play games think speedrunning is cheating because most categories allow glitches but I personally think it is super fascinating learning about the techniques people use to games play as fast as possible.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
Nope. If I see something funny, I'll test it for a bit but not spend much time with it.

I love speedrunning but I like glitchless speedruns more. When I was playing RE4 remake and going for the Platinum, there were a number of glitches allowing you to skip entire sections. Decided not to use them. I like watching a speedrunner master a game within the limits devs set up.

But I will look up glitch runs just to see what people came up with. I know these people spend a few hours playing a 10 minute section of the game to perfect their time and optimize routes. But it's baffling to me how some people come up with these crazy glitches. Some of them you wouldn't even think of doing. RE series in particular, have some strange ones.

RE2 remake allows you to glitch the police station library staircase and skip entire sections of the game. RE4 remake had a glitch allowing you to clip through a gate and skip the entire wrecking ball section with Ashley.

Never did find any RE4 original glitches and I've played the game a million times since the PS2 version.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I spent many hours trying to find Missingno in Pokemon red back in the day. And it took forever and turned me off from spending more time on glitches in future games 😂

Also is there anyone here who is a fan of speedrunning games? I know a few of my friends who play games think speedrunning is cheating because most categories allow glitches but I personally think it is super fascinating learning about the techniques people use to games play as fast as possible.
I used to love watching speedruns on GDQ (gamesdonequick), especially Dishonored, Ratchet and Clank, Kingdom Hearts, Portal, and Half Life. Any game with a fast movement, blink, or flying is super fun to watch. But I don't watch it anymore and I've never speedran myself

Reactions: RE4-Station

peewee78368

Banned
3 Feb 2024
i dont look for them but i will never forget when my nba live game on ps3 glitched it legit took the player benches and put them in the center of the court i was able to get the plat trophy cuz i would steal the ball or they would get a 5 sec for holding the ball to long hahahha

• fire
Reactions: RE4-Station

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
No that seems intensely not fun to me

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Nope. If I see something funny, I'll test it for a bit but not spend much time with it.

I love speedrunning but I like glitchless speedruns more. When I was playing RE4 remake and going for the Platinum, there were a number of glitches allowing you to skip entire sections. Decided not to use them. I like watching a speedrunner master a game within the limits devs set up.

But I will look up glitch runs just to see what people came up with. I know these people spend a few hours playing a 10 minute section of the game to perfect their time and optimize routes. But it's baffling to me how some people come up with these crazy glitches. Some of them you wouldn't even think of doing. RE series in particular, have some strange ones.

RE2 remake allows you to glitch the police station library staircase and skip entire sections of the game. RE4 remake had a glitch allowing you to clip through a gate and skip the entire wrecking ball section with Ashley.

Never did find any RE4 original glitches and I've played the game a million times since the PS2 version.
My first time going for the S+ on professional in RE4 Remake on PS4 I did use the door skip by the wrecking ball area and I think my time as 4 hours and 50 something minutes.
Then when I went for the S+ on professional on PS5 I didn't go for the door skip and was able to get around a hour and 40 minute end time.

personally I find glitches in the modern resident evil games kinda lame especially in RE4 remake since when you out of bounds most of the time you can just fall into a never ending void..

Here are some original RE4 glitches I found myself and most of them work on PS2 if you want to try them out:

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
What is even a point? Most single useless thing in gaming. Why waste the time, when you can play the game, enjoy and then move to other games.
Okey if it happens, make gun of those, but search where or make game's code crash?
It is already isn't easy to get great working games..

• Shake
Reactions: Nym
OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
What is even a point? Most single useless thing in gaming. Why waste the time, when you can play the game, enjoy and then move to other games.
Okey if it happens, make gun of those, but search where or make game's code crash?
It is already isn't easy to get great working games..
Nobody is talking about making games crash. Glitches can be for entertainment or when it comes to out of bounds glitches can be for curiosity for seeing what you can find in places where developers did not mean for you to be. But for the speedrunning communities can completely change how games are ran and can be vital for keeping the community around it active.
I'm not gonna argue about if it's a waste of time or not since you can make that argument for just playing games in general. Somethings are just fun for others and not.
Like right now, most games just don't interest me in general and trying to spend time in gaming is relatively hard when juggling your time between work and other hobbies.
I will say glitch hunting itself is not necessarily fun (Sometimes it can be but most times is frustrating), It's when you find something cool that is.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
i dont look for them but i will never forget when my nba live game on ps3 glitched it legit took the player benches and put them in the center of the court i was able to get the plat trophy cuz i would steal the ball or they would get a 5 sec for holding the ball to long hahahha
Nice profile picture, Is that your RE4 chainsaw controller?

lynux3

21 Apr 2023
Last time I had the time and will to do it was for Resistance: Fall of Man. Don’t care what you think. 😅

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Yea whatsoever nonsense the internet provided to try to find the triforce in OoT. Of course this never was a thing