Hellblade 2 (seemingly) Playble Start to End

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II -- aka Hellblade 2 -- was announced almost four years ago alongside the announcement of the Xbox Series X. Despite this, there's no word of when exactly it will release. We know it's coming in 2024, but when during next year we don't know. Could be in January. Could be in December. Whatever the case, we know the game has at the very least hit alpha as it's playable from front to back. How do we know this? Well, the official X account of Ninja Theory, the developer behind the game.

Taking to X, the company showed the team playing the game with the caption, "Nothing beats getting everyone together to play through the game." In this case, the use of "play through the game," suggests the entire game. And if this is true, then it's possible the game could be out within the first half of the year. However, what seems more likely is a release in the back half of the year, as Xbox will no doubt avoid rushing Ninja Theory through the polishing stage.

Source

• haha
Reactions: Would_you_kindly

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
The game is probably around 10-15 hours long. No way they were all sitting there for 10-15 hours lol.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Senua's Saga: Hellblade II -- aka Hellblade 2 -- was announced almost four years ago alongside the announcement of the Xbox Series X. Despite this, there's no word of when exactly it will release. We know it's coming in 2024, but when during next year we don't know. Could be in January. Could be in December. Whatever the case, we know the game has at the very least hit alpha as it's playable from front to back. How do we know this? Well, the official X account of Ninja Theory, the developer behind the game.

Source

Can't wait for xbots to tell us all that this is a masterpiece & not a cinematic 3rd person walking simulator movie game 🤣

VillaiN

Veteran
10 Feb 2023
No way this s 15hours. Their games re usualy 5 to 10. I can see this being about 6 or 7 walking simulator. Considering how much they re hiding this i assume there s not much gameplay elements to reveal.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
What do people that have played the first one think of it ? I enjoyed it but I didn't get if it was all in her head or what I know it's about mental health & she's insane but I don't really see how they can do a sequel when we know everything that happens is in her head

Last edited:
Reactions: Arc

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
What do people that have played the first one think of it ? I enjoyed it but I didn't get if it was all I'm her head or what I know it's about mental health & she's insane but I don't really see how they can do a sequel when we know everything that happens in her head
I enjoyed it as well, the sequel is pretty much the only Xbox game I'm looking forward to, kinda sucks its not on PS but it is what it is.

Arc

5 Sep 2023
What do people that have played the first one think of it ? I enjoyed it but I didn't get if it was all I'm her head or what I know it's about mental health & she's insane but I don't really see how they can do a sequel when we know everything that happens in her head
I never did too. It seems to be a mix, unless we want to imagine that the entire adventure was her swinging swords at air and running for no reason, lol.

I guess we’re supposed to be left wondering what exactly was supernatural and what exactly was mental illness, and that the latter can be just as awful. And of course, you still overcame it if it wasn’t real? That’s the best thing I can come up with out of it.

As someone who was thoroughly enjoying the supernatural part of it, it being reduced to an on-the-nose metaphor and open question is a bit disappointing, but I get what they were going for.

I suspect the sequel will be just as ambiguous.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
I never did too. It seems to be a mix, unless we want to imagine that the entire adventure was her swinging swords at air and running for no reason, lol.

I guess we’re supposed to be left wondering what exactly was supernatural and what exactly was mental illness, and that the latter can be just as awful. And of course, you still overcame it if it wasn’t real? That’s the best thing I can come up with out of it.

As someone who was thoroughly enjoying the supernatural part of it, it being reduced to an on-the-nose metaphor and open question is a bit disappointing, but I get what they were going for.

I suspect the sequel will be just as ambiguous.
I haven't played it in years so I forgot alot but I believe there are parts of her life that she relives & one of them is losing a baby? & I think that's what drives her insane

Reactions: Arc

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Never felt even the tiniest motivation to play the first one, the voice acting also pissed me off in the marketing. Needless to say, I don't give a toss about this either.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Same for me. What I find strange is how is this going to do well on Xbox? It's not the type of game Xbox fans are largely on the market for.

Well, they spend all day hating on these types of games... in fact I believe Sony gave massive support to this studio in past games. But the Xbox fans will have no problem hyping this up despite their past remarks. It's all about their team...not about the actual product.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
They will be when it releases 🤣 they shit on Sonys games for having great stories & cinematics but when Microsoft releases one it will be the best thing since sliced bread
My guess is every Xbox fan will run PR for it, but it won't sell very well at all. Bigger budget and marketing will mean it'll likely sell more than the first (barely) and they'll claim it was a massive success and Xbox "grows studios". Bookmark this and wait!