Hellblade II Hit Woeful Sales Records in May

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
US sales data published by Circana has revealed how poorly Hellblade II performed when it was released, with the game coming in 37th place overall in the charts for full-game dollar sales. On Xbox, it ended up in 21st place. In terms of player count, it fell behind the likes of Fallout 76, and on Steam, it peaked at just 3,892 players.

In the European sales charts, it was revealed that Hellblade II failed to break into the top 100 games in May. On streaming platforms, Hellblade II crashed pretty quickly. It reached a peak of 110,193 viewers on Twitch on launch day, but by the second day on the market, that number had dwindled by 90%, and by the following week, a peak of just 900 users was recorded.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Shouldn't all "day one" Gamepass games be just written off as investment for the subscription service?

The only question should be whether or not the game brought in new subscriptions. Though it looks like it didn't, just like HiFi Rush.

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022
No Idea Idk GIF by Muppet Wiki

Microsoft have a lot of money, I am told. So they can afford to release flop after flop....it's them flexing actually.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Hopefully MS gives them another chance. High talented dev team.
Bleeding Edge and H2 their last 2 games. not sure, how they are high talented team? they last game has like 2,5h of gameplay created in last 5 years.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: 2spooky5me

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Bleeding Edge and H2 their last 2 games. not sure, how they are high talented team? they last game has like 2,5h of gameplay created in last 5 years.
In terms of technical excellence yes. Everything else... eh. I'd rather them stay around than shut down.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Where is the evidence for that talent? Is it the sum total of "they can make nice art for UE5"?
I liked Heaven’s Sword for the that time, it did its job. Was kind of the first Uncharted cinematic game before Ucharted when it came to facial expressions and voice acting. And I enjoyed Enslaved.
Also the combat in DmC was decent for 30fps limits they had.

Wasnt a fan of Hellblade

Last edited:

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I liked Heaven’s Sword for the that time, it did its job. Was kind of the first Uncharted cinematic game before Ucharted when it came to facial expressions and voice acting. And I enjoyed Enslaved.
Also the combat in DmC was decent for 30fps limits they had.

Was a fan of Hellblade
Well I thought Hellblade sucked, which is why I wasn't excited (rightfully it turns out) for part 2.

And Heaven's Sword ... this is halfway through the PS5/XSX cycle, not the first few years of the PS3. That game is 17 years old. It's simply not the company it was.

So yeah, I just don't see current evidence for them being a good dev.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Well I thought Hellblade sucked, which is why I wasn't excited (rightfully it turns out) for part 2.

And Heaven's Sword ... this is halfway through the PS5/XSX cycle, not the first few years of the PS3. That game is 17 years old. It's simply not the company it was.

So yeah, I just don't see current evidence for them being a good dev.
Lol I meant wasnt a fan of hellblade. DmC overall I didnt like too, but the combat for the limitations was good. The others I liked.

Your probably right, Im not sure which people have left the studio etc. The studios that made those games had some talent in some areas. Never hit a home run. I guess not so much anymore, Im guessing they got a big budget for HB2