Helldivers 2 - Galaxy Map "accidentally" shows Illuminate Sectors and then censors them in good Super Earth fashion.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

Helldivers 2 “accidentally” shows The Illuminate Sectors, Super Earth blames it on deceased Comms Technicians and fines the family

Helldivers-2-Galactic-War-Map-The-Illuminate-Sectors-1024x576.jpg

Currently, in Helldivers 2, players are fighting the Automaton and Terminid factions. However, ever since the game launched, there have been leaks that show that The Illuminate will be coming in the future. The Illuminate were the third faction in the first Helldivers game and were thought to be extinct following the conclusion of the previous Galactic War.

Over the last few months, there have been many leaks including enemy models, animations, weapons, and more. The aquatic alien faction will shake up Helldivers 2 in a major way when they finally make an appearance in the Galactic War, and that could be happening sooner rather than later.
Eagle-eyed players noticed that for a brief period of time, new Sectors were shown on the Galactic War map in Helldivers 2, including U/Helldiver343 who took to Reddit to share an image of the Sectors. These Sectors were purple, meaning that the planets aren’t habited by the Automatons or Terminids, which are highlighted by the colors red and yellow. Instead, all signs point to this being where The Illuminate will call home during this war.

Following a brief period of it being visible to players, it has seemingly vanished and a message appeared that read “Some Helldivers may have noticed a recent service outage in the Major Order Communications Display. The issue has since been resolved.”
Super Earth then blamed the error on “Organic tissue degradation on electronic equipment.” This appears to be the decomposing body of a Comms Officer that triggered the change in the map. Because of this, the family of the officer has been fined.

At this time, it is unclear whether this was a genuine mistake by Arrowhead Game Studios, or whether it was a way to generate some hype and attention for Helldivers 2. If it is the latter, although exciting, is fairly tone-deaf as the game is plagued by so many issues that the developers have released a roadmap to try and fix the game and regain player trust. But, this is one of the first acknowledgments by the developers that The Illuminate is coming to Helldivers 2. The biggest question right now though is, when?

Looks like the Illuminate are near. I hope it comes at about the same time as the anti-nerf patch. It could breathe new life into the game.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Looking forward to the Illuminate release.

In Helldivers 1 they celebrated the "Liberty Day" (October 28th) with new cool stuff, maybe they release them that day.

I like the things they do in their communications like this one:

"Super Earth then blamed the error on “Organic tissue degradation on electronic equipment.” This appears to be the decomposing body of a Comms Officer that triggered the change in the map. Because of this, the family of the officer has been fined."

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Very needed. The game was kinda stale for months.

They needed a few new factions and units in each faction ready to go to stimulate the game when numbers started to dip at any point.

Men_in_Boxes

18 Aug 2024
I can not believe how awesome the premise of this game is and how mediocre its execution.

They need to work on Helldivers 3 ASAP and fix the god awful progression and the god awful gameplay variety. There's so much potential here.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I can not believe how awesome the premise of this game is and how mediocre its execution.

They need to work on Helldivers 3 ASAP and fix the god awful progression and the god awful gameplay variety. There's so much potential here.
Variety would solve a lot.

Real variety... They need to somehow get some really different stuff for people to do that isn't just killing the same two factions.

Social stuff....

OP
OP
T

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Variety would solve a lot.

Real variety... They need to somehow get some really different stuff for people to do that isn't just killing the same two factions.

Social stuff....

I think there are enough weapons and armor for now. The variety I'd like to see is different biomes, specifically urban areas or rural ones that have more than one small building per square kilometer.

We keep having to defend our planets in zones that just so happen to be barren all the time.

Perhaps introduce larger maps with vehicles as well.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

#1 problem is that they have serious skill issues as a development studio. They were testing changes on the live server instead of a test environment, in fact most of the time they didn't even test the changes at all. This led to things like releasing patches where the major gameplay additions didn't work or caused game breaking crashing, or when they would fix one system and then next patch that change would get reverted because some other change overwrote it.

Thankfully they actually started using test servers this week and are now testing builds more in-depth but basically it fucked up a lot of their roadmap because they've constantly been putting out technical fires since launch. Hell, they don't have the friends list bugs worked out yet and it's been 6 months of some people not being able to add other people to their friends list.

Reactions: Men_in_Boxes