Helldivers 2 Game Master: A single Helldivers 2 dev named Joel is pulling the strings on its galactic war. |UP| 2/29/24 added info.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

We have an actual person with the job title of Game Master," Pilestedt told PC Gamer in an interview today. His name is Joel, and he takes his job very seriously.

We have a lot of systems built into the game where the Game Master has a lot of control over the play experience. It's something that we're continuously evolving based on what's happening in the game," Pilestedt continued. "And as part of the roadmap, there are things that we want to keep secret because we want to surprise and delight."

Update added info..

As a follow up on Game Master abilities, the majority of the role is to choose which major order takes place, what daily is active and decide where the enemies attack. The war fought and liberation of planets - that's all you!We can also reinforce planets if needed and give temporary equipment to the entire community! ...and other stuff we haven't revealed yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yurinka

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I assume it'll look like Super Earth will lose ground, then boom Mech stratagem update drops and we start gaining ground.

Then new enemy types or new enemy faction drops, etc.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I assume it'll look like Super Earth will lose ground, then boom Mech stratagem update drops and we start gaining ground.

Then new enemy types or new enemy faction drops, etc.
Tht sounds about right and dope!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

As a follow up on Game Master abilities, the majority of the role is to choose which major order takes place, what daily is active and decide where the enemies attack. The war fought and liberation of planets - that's all you!We can also reinforce planets if needed and give temporary equipment to the entire community! ...and other stuff we haven't revealed yet.
❤️

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I want to hear him out of nowhere and be like wtf is tht!
"gamernyc78, i saw you fail to kill the bile titan. As your god, Joel, your next 20 missions will be to defeat 3 bile titans each or i will take away you railgun for a whole month."

• Shake
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
"gamernyc78, i saw you fail to kill the bile titan. As your god, Joel, your next 20 missions will be to defeat 3 bile titans each or i will take away you railgun for a whole month."
Or "fuck you, your all going to die I've summoned three more Titans! I'd love it!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I pray to the god programmerrs to fix tthe crrashes I get in PS5 that doesn't allow me to play an entire mission since days ago.
I have no such crashes. I wonder why it's happening on your end.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I have no such crashes. I wonder why it's happening on your end.
I tried to change a lot of things like playing solo, changing my whole build, disabling crossplay, different mission types or planets, don't summon anything etc. and can't find what causes it.

In PS5 for me the game crashes almost every time I play a mission, crashes a few seconds or minutes after landing in the planet for a mission. I contacted to support, but still didn't get a reply from them.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I triend to change a lot of things like playing solo, changing my whole build, disabling crossplay, different mission types or planets, don't summon anything etc. and can't find what causes it.

In PS5 for me the game almost always during missions, crashes a few seconds after landing in the planet for a mission. I contacted to support, but still didn't get a reply from them.
Damn, hope it works out. I've been smooth playing for days now but even before then never got more than like one crash.