Helldivers 2 players are inexplicably killing each other for resources, despite a dozen different UI elements telling you they're shared.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This is the dumbest shit if true smh. Have you vis seen this or other negative things ppl do in game?

Helldivers 2 is a co-op game, and its mechanics are designed around that. All the samples, super credits, and medals you pick up get shared among your teammates at the end of a mission. Yet for some inexplicable reason, some players say randoms are gunning them down to swipe their goods—or yelling at them for impossible resource hogging.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 223

A first to hear. Usually the problem is that people don't go back to get your samples when you die, specially if you split as a team, and get respawned far from the point of death. Finishing the match with a few samples or 0 samples sucks ass, and happens a lot cause of these newbs.

Turn crossplay off always... just in case you forgot. Ohh and ban folks, and if ban ain't enough, block their ass.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Not happened to me yet, but I've turned cross-play off as first thing when I booted the game the first time.
Me too but turned it on recently because fir some reason quickplay wasn't working with it off

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
This has always been a thing in games with friendly fire, on battlefield people used to kill their squad mates and revive them to get extra xp.

Playing with randoms is always a mixed bag but the shitty people really ruin the experience

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I had this happen to me once, like 2 weeks ago before people figured out resources are shared

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
From time to time I got killed by other people, but I assume accidentally during chaotical battles. Never noticed someone did it on purpose.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
From time to time I got killed by other people, but I assume accidentally during chaotical battles. Never noticed someone did it on purpose.
Yeah, par the course and the magic of the game as we all know. I laugh it off sometimes but sometimes I do rage 😂😂 like "WTF you threw that orbital idiot if I was there"

Last edited:

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
I just post in the chat "Kill me with an airstrike all you want, but i will take your soul if you deny me extraction"

• haha
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I just post in the chat "Kill me with an airstrike all you want, but i will take your soul if you deny me extraction"
I've been playing on Helldive difficulty and it isn't to crazy.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I just had a bug where all my strats were jumbled. Trying to call a resuply and drop and airstrike on myself.
That's not a bug. It's a mission modifier. You have to pay attention to the color of the stratagem in your hand when you punch in the code because it's scrambled.