Helldivers 2 proves Indiana Jones game being 1st person is a lazy attempt and no real effort put into it.

Batzy

Veteran
10 Jan 2024
Change-My-Mind.jpg

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
TBH its more interesting as a 1st person game. Theres not that many 1st person games that aren’t heavy shooters, so its kinda fresh for the 1st person genre. Puzzles, Whips, not loads of guns

Otherwise it would just be an Uncharted/Tomb Raider clone funny enough

Reactions: Batzy

J_Paganel

30 Jan 2024
The laziness and incompetence of XBOX, Bethezda, Zenimax and Todd Howard proves... Dying Light 1.

In DL1, they managed to implement parkour, melee, and gunplay with great impact and high-quality animations.

It is difficult, but possible, but the developers of the Indiana Jones game do not even try.

Reactions: Batzy

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Whatever allows them to save costs on animation and good gameplay.

Xbox obsession with first person games never made any sense when a gamepad is easily a much inferior way to experience these games compared to mouse and keyboard.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
Franchise tailor made for third person goes first person because animations are hard when your studios are a revolving door of junior temp jobs

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
TBH its more interesting as a 1st person game. Theres not that many 1st person games that aren’t heavy shooters, so its kinda fresh for the 1st person genre. Puzzles, Whips, not loads of guns

Otherwise it would just be an Uncharted/Tomb Raider clone funny enough
I feel like the only 1st person games I am willing to play are modern shooters. Not Indiana Jones using crap guns from the 1920's

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I feel like the only 1st person games I am willing to play are modern shooters. Not Indiana Jones using crap guns from the 1920's
I just think it will be different. Its not that Im tired of modern shooters ( im not excited by then much) i think it will be refreshing.

Id defo take a 1920s shootwr lol

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I've never, ever, been able to truly get into first person shooter games. I've had a lot of fun with a few, but as a "genre" it always felt like a side effect of initial technical limitations with 3D (e.g. Wolfenstein 3D, Doom). I had more fun with the actual shooting action of Returnal than any FPS I've played, because I felt like the shooting combined with the actual movement was awesome.

A first person Indy sounds like such a ridiculously bad idea.