Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff. Looking to hire devs & expand. Updates & Patch Notes within. |UP| Best Weapons after update.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Can he fire these people instead that released an online game that breaks after more people play the game. Nothing praise worthy about barely fixing a broken product

That would be something really stupid. Having such quick and huge unexpected growth and to have the servers running -even if with a few issues, the game is perfectly playable when you can log in- is something very difficult.

If they wouldn't have done such great job the servers would have totally collapsed the first or second day and maybe would be still rewriting code. As happened in games like Driveclub or MGS Online.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Why would he fire them? Who predicted the game was going to be this big? How is this their fault?
You mean who predicted people would actually want to connect to our always online game? I was mostly being facetious about him firing the engineers, but the excuse that it's ok for the game to be broken because they didn't expect people to actually want to play is a poor one.

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
From the Helldivers official discord:

HD2-A.jpg

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Unfortunately, considering what we've seen so far, I don't think they will be able to fix the concurrency issues in a timely manner. It will probably take months, and by then it won't be a problem anymore. I may be wrong.

Funny though, their latest update yesterday made my game take longer to join and had it crash in the middle of a session. Seems like the more they patch it the worse it becomes, which just shows how terrible an unscalable their code is.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
New patch out

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
New patch out

Yesterday I still didn't find ppl on quickplay but my son did 🤔 We are on same network lol I'm same house. Wild.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem