Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff. Looking to hire devs & expand. Updates & Patch Notes within. |UP| Best Weapons after update.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I played a couple more bot missions in hard and seems I was wrong, doesn't seem easier now. In both someone else had the mechs, they are very cool but sadly it runs out of "missiles" quickly and its machinegun isn't pretty great but at least has a good amount of armor, and you get more protected even if you walk slower.

You could get in? I couldn't enter the game 30 min. ago, once the mechs dropped.
Maybe they needed some downtime to enable the mechs, I entered later quickly, with no issues other than lack of rewards.

for some reason i thought you said you brought the strafing run orbital which I thought meant you were bringing the eagle strafing run. but never mind, you don't use them at all (and you should).
Yup I use them all the time. Strafing run orbital is great.
"Strafing run orbital" doesn't exist. There are different "orbital" ones but none of them is "strafing run".

There's a "Eagle Strafing Run". Do you mean this one? I'll play now a match using it instead of laser canon, and using normal Breaker instead of Incendiary Breaker.

• "Guard dog" Rover (laser drone)
  • Eagle Strafing Run
  • Autocannon Sentry
  • Rocket Sentry

The game is bugged to shit now though. Game is crashing continuously and not adding medals,, etc.
I just played a 2P Hard match, the other player claimed to have UI issues on his side, seems ok on my side other than being bugged when going back to the ship after the mission to show the player results.

I still don't receive rewards, but didn't crash here. One of the previous times where rewards failed they were added, but with some delay. Let's hope at least we get them, even if with delay.

Last edited:

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Maybe they needed some downtime to enable the mechs, I entered later quickly, with no issues other than lack of rewards.

Hey everyone! With the successful push from the community to take Tien Kwan and the subsequent enabling of the mechs our servers have a hard time coping, the team is aware and doing what they can to mitigate. This intermittent issue is caused by too many trying to acquire the mech at the same time. Service will be restored eventually, but for now I ask for patience.

Lmao.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Good news about the shitty meteor showers.

image.png

At least they are transparent.
Normal, suffering from success. This is the kind of issues you want to have as a developer of an online game: servers getting overwhelmed by tons of users. Luckily these things can be solved relatively quickly.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Good news about the shitty meteor showers.

image.png

Normal, suffering from success. This is the kind of issues you want to have as a developer of an online game: servers getting overwhelmed by tons of users. Luckily these things can be solved relatively quickly.
LOL you know I didn't realize thts what tht was, I'd get hit and not know WTF was going on lol

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Seems that now there's a longer time for inactivity timeout, maybe half an hour or so. In addition to this, now instead of directly disconnect you it shows a timeout disconnect countdown during the last minute or so before disconnecting.

LOL you know I didn't realize thts what tht was, I'd get hit and not know WTF was going on lol
In the top center of the screen there's a "meteor shower" sentence indicating it, and you see them falling in the sky.

In many cases, looking at the sky you see they don't fall perpendicular to the floor, but instead diagonally. So sometimes you han use a tall rock wall to protect yourself if available nearby.

Also, they can fall twice in the same spot. So don't use that as a reference to try to avoid them.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
In the top center of the screen there's a "meteor shower" sentence indicating it, and you see them falling in the sky.

In many cases, looking at the sky you see they don't fall perpendicular to the floor, but instead diagonally. So sometimes you han use a tall rock wall to protect yourself if available nearby.

Also, they can fall twice in the same spot. So don't use that as a reference to try to avoid them.
Ahhh thnks.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just played a solid hour and a half with mechs and randos and it went well. Really enjoyed it.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Just played a solid hour and a half with mechs and randos and it went well. Really enjoyed it.
Same here, completed one on Extreme in Angel's Venture using standard Breaker, Eagle Strafing Run, laser drone, Autocannon & Rocket sentries, with 3 players that were level 24-29.

Way easier against bugs when players like these. I'm very happy with Breaker and Eagle Strafing Run. I killed my fist Bile Titan on PC there, and had there two mechs at the same time. Pretty cool match.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Same here, completed one on Extreme in Angel's Venture using standard Breaker, Eagle Strafing Run, laser drone, Autocannon & Rocket sentries, with 3 players that were level 24-29.

Way easier against bugs when players like these. I'm very happy with Breaker and Eagle Strafing Run. I killed my fist Bile Titan on PC there, and had there two mechs at the same time. Pretty cool match.
Nice!

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Suicide with Terminids seems doable to me too now. Definetively the difficulty has been tweaked. Rewards seems to be working again, I think I got the ones from the last couple of missions.

The servers definetively farted today with the updates and issues, but once fixed the CCUs are coming back. This weekend may even get a new record:
image.png

As expected, new cool content bumps the CCU. The peak would have been higher if mechs would have been released at the same time than the warbond, but they are doing great.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I didn't know the mechs were available to everybody without unlocking the stratagems 😲

I love it but it's too slow. I wish I could fly and make it faster.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Just tell me when there was such a brilliant update/content drop that felt as epic, engaging as this? They're doing really great!
I put Fortnite up there. When they did their first update and misske launch it was insane but yes this is up there.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
New patch is live

steam patch notes

Good day citizens of Super Earth. A new patch to aid you in your efforts is coming in. May Super Earth give you courage

Overview

Today's patch is dealing with the spawn rate of heavily armored Terminid enemies as well as the possible play against them. It also contains some fixes to UI elements and crash fixes.

Balancing

Enemies:
  • The amount of heavily armored targets that spawn on higher difficulties, especially for Terminids, have been a big discussion point online and internally. The intent is for groups to have to bring some form of anti-tank capability but not to the degree previously needed.
  • To that end we have reduced the spawn rate of Chargers and Bile Titans on difficulties 7 and up. In addition we have reduced the risk of spawn spikes of Chargers and Bile Titans.
  • Please note that we have changed the distribution of enemy types, not reduced difficulty. Expect other enemy types to appear in greater numbers instead.
  • We are humbled by the community's ability to find things like Chargers “leg meta” in our game, however spending your heavy anti tank weapons on legs instead of the obvious weak point seems counter to expectation.
  • We are not changing anything regarding the Charger’s legs, we are however lowering the health of the Charger’s head. It should now be at a point where a well placed shot from a Recoilless Rifle or EAT-17 instantly kills a charger.
  • Together with the unfortunately undocumented change of last patch that increased the armor penetration ability of less well placed shots for EAT-17s and Recoilless Rifle shots, Chargers should now be easier to handle by well equipped groups.

Gameplay

• "Electronic Countermeasures" operation modifier, which had a chance of giving you a random stratagem instead of the one you input, has been removed in order to be reworked, and will be reintroduced in a future iteration. We found that this modifier wasn’t communicated clearly enough and overall caused more frustration than excitement with the way it was currently implemented. This change was made in 1.000.100 but was unintentionally omitted from the patch notes.

Fixes

• Fixed missing text on several HUD / UI elements.
  • Fixed several subtitle / VO mismatches in the news videos.
  • Fixed various crashes that occurred mid-gameplay and when deploying to missions.

Known Issues

• Game crashes when attempting to use a stim while inside an Exosuit.
  • Pink artifacts may appear in the sky when setting off large explosions.
  • Automaton Dropship seemingly disappears and slides in after being shot down.
  • Shots from arc-based weapons may not count towards kills in post-mission stats.
  • Players cannot unfriend other players befriended via friend code.
  • Cross-platform friend invites might not show up in the friend requests tab.
  • Players may be unable to select loadout or return to ship when joining a multiplayer game session via PS5 Activity Card.
  • The Exosuit can destroy itself with rockets if it fires while turning.
  • Text chat box display is obstructed by the cinematic letterboxing during extraction.
  • Some people are unable to accept friend requests. This is mostly an issue cross platform

Release Captain Carlberg out