Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff. Looking to hire devs & expand. Updates & Patch Notes within. |UP| Best Weapons after update.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Why are people waiting on the new warbond? I've cleared the first page of it but feeling like 3 pages of stuff to spend medals on isn't really all that compelling as far as content goes.

The new stuff they've added recently like mechs, fire tornados, meteor showers and the new mission have been a bit hit and miss (fire tornados add nothing but frustration, new mission is not fun or engaging, mechs are fun the first few times but then not really worth bothering with afaict). I get they don't want to dump so many changes in all at once because that's asking for problems but... ehh, dunno.

Think I'm going to drop it completely for a while and get stuck into other stuff until there's a meaningful update like a new faction/planets to go at, more variety in gear that actually does stuff (helmets and capes not just for dressing up), just anything more impactful really. The game needs new stuff to go at/aim for, but dip-feeding a bit here then a bit there with no fanfare or fuss probably isn't the way forward - great for content creators who want to make videos and guides about every little change and addition though, lol.

I can see player numbers dropping off quite a bit a few weeks from now, it's a cool concept and a fun experience, but there's not enough to the game to sustain those kinds of numbers continuously without something to draw people in then keep them coming back. Hopefully I'm wrong and they have a ton of stuff to add in that makes the game more fun and compelling, but right now not seeing it.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Why are people waiting on the new warbond? I've cleared the first page of it but feeling like 3 pages of stuff to spend medals on isn't really all that compelling as far as content goes.

The new stuff they've added recently like mechs, fire tornados, meteor showers and the new mission have been a bit hit and miss (fire tornados add nothing but frustration, new mission is not fun or engaging, mechs are fun the first few times but then not really worth bothering with afaict). I get they don't want to dump so many changes in all at once because that's asking for problems but... ehh, dunno.

Think I'm going to drop it completely for a while and get stuck into other stuff until there's a meaningful update like a new faction/planets to go at, more variety in gear that actually does stuff (helmets and capes not just for dressing up), just anything more impactful really. The game needs new stuff to go at/aim for, but dip-feeding a bit here then a bit there with no fanfare or fuss probably isn't the way forward - great for content creators who want to make videos and guides about every little change and addition though, lol.

I can see player numbers dropping off quite a bit a few weeks from now, it's a cool concept and a fun experience, but there's not enough to the game to sustain those kinds of numbers continuously without something to draw people in then keep them coming back. Hopefully I'm wrong and they have a ton of stuff to add in that makes the game more fun and compelling, but right now not seeing it.
Because some ppl like new cosmetics and weapons. I am one of them. I've cleared all pgs.

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Just went live everyone!
That's what was confusing - I'd already purchased and played it 3 or 4 hours earlier - had no idea it only went live hours later for you and that's why people were "waiting"... must be a regions thing but wouldn't have thought a worldwide live game would do that.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
That's what was confusing - I'd already purchased and played it 3 or 4 hours earlier - had no idea it only went live hours later for you and that's why people were "waiting"... must be a regions thing but wouldn't have thought a worldwide live game would do that.
OH now I understand.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They probably don’t want to drop them in too OP or come in hot and then tune its place in the sandbox.

However, it’s more exciting for players to have new stuff come in op and hot and nerf from there. 😋

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They probably don’t want to drop them in too OP or come in hot and then tune its place in the sandbox.

However, it’s more exciting for players to have new stuff come in op and hot and nerf from there. 😋
Yeah thts exactly what it is or create a p2p scenario but they can do better than tht.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
the laser AR isn't too bad but it's not great either, it's mostly good for camping on top of rocks and never running out of ammo
What page is that on in premium? I only unlocked the page 2 shotgun the one that throws a blob like projectile and it's not worth it imo. It's OK but not good.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Fly America GIF by Nat Geo Wild
Still haven't seen the flying bugs. Where are they? Yesterday I played a few matches in Helldive difficulty and didn't spot them.

SSfox

Enter The Fox
21 Jun 2022
Shadow Moses
I'm hearing so much great feedback about this game, curious what make it so great? I'm on T8 and TR remastered but this could be my next purshase. I'm not into shooter but this seem to be something special

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I'm hearing so much great feedback about this game, curious what make it so great? I'm on T8 and TR remastered but this could be my next purshase. I'm not into shooter but this seem to be something special
The meta and loop is just so addictive. It's repetitive but the combat, the thrill, the objectives are great overall. Plus you have this amazing arsenal on your hands! Throw a stategem and a nuke appears and kills over 30. The world's are decent size but we'll populated. Team work is key in most objectives but not all. It's dynamic with deaths and wins happenings differently all the time. I love this game, it just works.

• fire
Reactions: SSfox