Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff. Looking to hire devs & expand. Updates & Patch Notes within. |UP| Best Weapons after update.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Over 360k CCU so that means PS5 is bigger than Steam. They were not ready for that huge success 🥵

@Infinity

More people are playing on PC then PlayStation. Interesting.

New York Knicks L GIF by Sidetalk

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
You would think that's what they bought Bungie for? The so called "GaaS excellence" panel. If I read that right they're capped at 360k. No roadmap of when that will change as well aka they got caught with their pants down. That is absolutely not good. Communication of that is the bare minimum.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You would think that's what they bought Bungie for? The so called "GaaS excellence" panel. If I read that right they're capped at 360k. No roadmap of when that will change as well aka they got caught with their pants down. That is absolutely not good. Communication of that is the bare minimum.
What does Bungie have to do with Arrowhead simply having a bigger launch than they could have anticipated. Noone expected 1+ million players in 3 days and their preorder tracking didn't indicate that. A beta would have solved this but I guess the traction around the game probably didn't warrant one on their end till a week leading up to launch.

Now I do think Sony could have Bungie extend some tech support to them if they aren't stretched too thin.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
tbf why would you reserve server cap for 500k when you're expecting 50k concurrent

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Why would you expect 50k concurrent?

Why knowing that GaaS games have a tendency to either flop or explode in popularity would you gradually scale capacity knowing full well that if you happen to be under actual demand at every capacity jump you're not solving the issue at all? Merely alleviating a poor experience and simply and flat out guessing.

Why knowing full well your game is seeing a viral rush are you pinching pennies on capacity and doing conservative gradual jumps? "Because it will eventually settle"...."peak hrs".... what the fuck are you doing?

I'm sure there are very "intelligent" explanations for why things are the way they are. You wouldn't be dealing with humans if there wasn't an excuse and a good tale for any nonperformance or underpeformance. It's what humans do. But humans can also do better, and some, unfortunately few, do.

The first impression that Arrowhead is leaving with many customers (that PAY UP FRONT BTW) is a experience that is bad. Time is money, not everyone is a hardcore lapdog willing to put up with any of this bullshit when there are many, many options out there where this money and time could go to - Apex, Fornite, Destiny or singleplayer games etc...etc. If you have playtime for only 2-3 hrs in a day, at specific time of day and you happen to be in a blackout period or simply unlucky to be outside the 360k (before that jump, much less) you're fucked - after paying like everyone else. Respect your customer, their time, and their willingness to go to you - that's all. Stop the bullshit excuses - there is always an excuse for anything.

What is the point of a "GaaS excellence" panel if not to have a blueprint for technical details like this and technical collaboration. To know exactly what to do in these situations, know exactly what the best providers to use are etc.. Best practices. Clearly not the case here... whatever they're doing this is far from excellence.

Sometimes I wonder If the folks commenting on this forum have worked for a business or understand how businesses are run. I can tell you one thing, businesses do not run on excuses and damage control. Not when you manage it and are responsible for the big decisions, and all the weight rests on your shoulders, specially the livelihood of others. Now if you're simply a cog in the wheel I can see why only caring for your job function is the only thing that matters but then, don't opine nonsense.

Pom Pom cheerleaders read: "Players are experiencing login issues, frustration and can't enjoy their paid in front for product"
Reaction: "OMG so many sales!" "Go Arrowhead!".

Only in gaming.

Last edited:

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Why would you expect 50k concurrent?

Why knowing that GaaS games have a tendency to either flop or explode in popularity would you gradually scale capacity knowing full well if you're under capacity at every gradual jump you're not solving the issue at all? Merely alleviating a poor experience and simply and flat out guessing.

Why knowing full well your game is seeing a viral rush are you pinching pennies on capacity and doing conservative gradual jumps? "Because it will eventually settle"...."peak hrs".... what the fuck are you doing?

I'm sure there are very "intelligent" explanations for why things are the way they are. You wouldn't be dealing with humans if there wasn't an excuse and a good tale for any nonperformance or underpeformance. It's what humans do. But humans can also do better, and some, unfortunately few, do.

The first impression that Arrowhead is leaving with customers that PAY UP FRONT BTW is a experience that is bad. Time is money, not everyone is a hardcore lapdog willing to put up with any of this bullshit when there are many, many options out there where this money and time could go to - Apex, Fornite, Destiny or singleplayer games etc...etc. If you have playtime for only 2-3 hrs in a day, at specific time of day and you happen to be in a blackout period or simply unlucky to be outside the 360k (before that jump, much less) you're fucked - after paying like everyone else. Respect your customer, their time, and their willingness to go to you - that's all. Stop the bullshit excuses - there is always an excuse for anything.

What is the point of a "GaaS excellence" panel if not to have a blueprint for technical details like this and technical collaboration. To know exactly what to do in these situations, know exactly what the best providers to use are etc.. Best practices. Clearly not the case here... whatever they're doing this is far from excellence.

Sometimes I wonder If the folks commenting on this forum have worked for a business or understand how businesses are run. I can tell you one thing, businesses do not run on excuses and damage control. Not when you manage it and are responsible for the big decisions, and all the weight rests on your shoulders, specially the livelihood of others. Now if you're simply a cog in the wheel I can see why only caring for your job function is the only thing that matters but then, don't opine nonsense.

Pom Pom cheerleaders read: "Players are experiencing login issues, frustration and can't enjoy their paid in front for product"
Reaction: "OMG so many sales!" "Go Arrowhead!".

Only in gaming.
KnittedKnight when he can't play Helldivers:

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
KnittedKnight when he can't play Helldivers:

:LOL:

It does suck when you're in the state of mind to jump into the game with a set time budget and you get cockblocked. Jumping to another game to finish the plat and trying to get that muscle memory back is just ughh... You def feel it.

Ain't cutting nobody no slack. Fuck that.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah not getting progression is anger inducing but since last night it's been working for me.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Patch 1.000.005 is out on Steam

Hello Helldivers,
This morning, we gathered the best engineers Super Earth can muster to look at the main issues that are impacting your experience and to fix them.

These issues are caused mostly by having so many players in the game and server capacity creating unexpected behaviors.

Let me update you on what we did so far with the latest patch being deployed:
  • Server Capacity and log in access:
  • We have eased the authentication request overall.
  • We have improved error message visibility and added a countdown timer to clearly show when a new attempt will be made.
  • Progression and mission reward not being granted:
  • We fixed the daily and difficulty progression error
  • Based on the testing we have done we believe we have fixed future mission rewards but will continue to monitor this closely as it is our top priority
  • To compensate for lost rewards, we are working on an increased reward event

@anonpuffs thnks.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Arrowhead: I think X amount of players will take Y amount of time to clear the planets/biomes we've got for launch.
Players: How many of us did you expect versus how many are actually playing your game?
Arrowhead: FUUUUUUUU-