Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff. Looking to hire devs & expand. Updates & Patch Notes within. |UP| Best Weapons after update.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think the new stratagems are good additions.

The Quasar Cannon is great for big armored stuff, but a waste for big crowds in lower levels, takes a lot to aim and has a very long cooldown after every shot. Which makes it a great weapon for high level players who only need a secondary from time to time to quickly take down big armored stuff (aim for the chargers and bile titans face) and maybe combined with things like Orbital Rialcannon Strike. It can even 1 hit kill automaton ships aiming for the big squared boxes it they have in the corners. Plus has unlimited ammo and also kills robot factories, giant mushrooms or bug nests.

The Heavy Machine Gun, pretty much like the normal is instead great for crowd control thanks to a very fast fire rate and high damage per second. At 1200 RPM can kill a charger with half a magazine (shooting at the weak spot in the back), or stuff like Bile Spewers with a few shots in the face. But can kill Striders or Hulks from the front, plus the biggest robots too if accurately shot to their weak points.

Having two magazines makes it short of ammo for armored stuff. Lowering it 450RPM helps to improve its accuracy, as could be to carry an ammo backpack. Recharge it takes forever, so makes it a great option of high level players who know what they are doing, when to reload, etc. But also a more useful weapon for mid or low level players who know how to keep a safe distance with the enemy and have a decent accuracy aiming.

The HMG red dot that appears when aiming isn't centered. It doesn't shoot where the red dot is, but instead below it. Plus it doesn't have reticle in 3rd person mode making it even more difficult to aim and get the best per shot.

Last edited:

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The Quasar Cannon is my new meta after playing Railgun since day one. One shot to the head for Chargers, 2 shots in the head for Bile Titans, and 1 shot to the head of hulks or 2 front body shots, and I think around 2-3 shots for the tank. Amazing when playing with a competent team. Also amazing against distant cannon towers.
The quasar cannon is just insane 😂 I bloody love it.

For the tank I think 1 well placed shot in the back works. for the drop ships 1 shot in the engine also takes them down. It's fantastic.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The Quasar Cannon is my new meta after playing Railgun since day one. One shot to the head for Chargers, 2 shots to the head for Bile Titans, and 1 shot to the head of hulks or 2 front body shots, and I think around 2-3 shots for the tank. Amazing when playing with a competent team. Also amazing against distant cannon towers.
You should get some icon members to stand in a row and see if it has pierce damage.

@Gamernyc78, @ApolloHelios and @Yurinka would be my first choices for the experiment.

Starship Troopers GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
You should get some icon members to stand in a row and see if it has pierce damage.

@Gamernyc78, @ApolloHelios and @Yurinka would be my first choices for the experiment.

Starship Troopers GIF
Yesterday I joined a group of randoms and a guy killed me on purpose just after starting the mission (no enemies nearby). As revenge I killed him 6 times in a row a few seconds after he respawned. He ended quitting the mission. xDD

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem and Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yesterday I joined a group of randoms and a guy killed me on purpose just after starting the mission (no enemies nearby). As revenge I killed him 6 times in a row a few seconds after he respawned. He ended quitting the mission. xDD

I like it.
Freeze GIF

• haha
Reactions: Bo_Hazem

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
The Quasar Cannon is my new meta after playing Railgun since day one. One shot to the head for Chargers, 2 shots to the head for Bile Titans, and 1 shot to the head of hulks or 2 front body shots, and I think around 2-3 shots for the tank. Amazing when playing with a competent team. Also amazing against distant cannon towers.
I mean

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I have been waiting for some stability patches to land before playing because two missions in a row I couldn't get samples extracted by glitches preventing me to get on the ship. Seems it's better now. When they release patches in a breakneck frequency, they break a few things along the way.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I have been waiting for some stability patches to land before playing because two missions in a row I couldn't get samples extracted by glitches preventing me to get on the ship. Seems it's better now. When they release patches in a breakneck frequency, they break a few things along the way.
Yeah tht happens, they still haven't fixed loadout situation on PS5.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Video comparing the different armors, he even made a spreadsheet with all the data:

The B-08 Light Gunner caught my attention: has the best values for Speed (550) and Stamina Regen (125), plus for Armor (100) has the standard "Medium Armor" value even if it's supposed to be a "Light Armor" because it has the extra padding perk.

to-those-struggling-with-the-armor-changes-but-still-want-v0-ejmjz4x39tmc1.png

I got several armors from the Superstore, but not this one. I'll get it once they put it there again.

As of now I normally use the CE-35 Trench Engineer just because I like the orange color, plus this armor has balanced stats plus the 30% recoil reduction while prone or crouching and +2 grenades perks.

I also saw the there are 2 "helmets with hidden stats" thing. I have one of them, Traiblazer Scout, but I don't see any armor change when equipping it. Probably was a bug and they removed it. I did search in Reddit and got confirmation from other users that they removed it. So now all helmets, like capes, are just purely cosmetic.

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Video comparing the different armors, he even made a spreadsheet with all the data:

The B-08 Light Gunner caught my attention: has the best values for Speed (550) and Stamina Regen (125), plus for Armor (100) has the standard "Medium Armor" value even if it's supposed to be a "Light Armor" because it has the extra padding perk.

to-those-struggling-with-the-armor-changes-but-still-want-v0-ejmjz4x39tmc1.png

I got several armors from the Superstore, but not this one. I'll get it once they put it there again.

As of now I normally use the CE-35 Trench Engineer just because I like the orange color, plus this armor has balanced stats plus the 30% recoil reduction while prone or crouching and +2 grenades perks.

I also saw the there are 2 "helmets with hidden stats" thing. I have one of them, Traiblazer Scout, but I don't see any armor change when equipping it. Probably was a bug and they removed it. I did search in Reddit and got confirmation from other users that they removed it. So now all helmets, like capes, are just purely cosmetic.

Yeah helmet stats was patched out

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Alot of armor is samey in terms of stats which I guess thy do as not to give others a clear advantage but I wish it had more diversity in tht.
I wish helmets got stats from your armor set. Right now the frequency of headshots really devalues heavy armor

Reactions: Gamernyc78