Helldivers 2: We are constantly going to add free stuff. Looking to hire devs & expand. Updates & Patch Notes within. |UP| Best Weapons after update.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
I cannot seem to care about meta changes like multiplayer game communities do. Ima always just use whats fun, even if its trash

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I cannot seem to care about meta changes like multiplayer game communities do. Ima always just use whats fun, even if its trash
I mean yeah bit sometimes whats fun gets nerfed and it becomes unfun and more of a chore.

panda-zebra

2 Mar 2024
NW UK
Yeah even weapons tht you think are going to be cool end up being ass bcus thy are trying so hard to not give any weapon an edge. Its annoying and takes the fun away imo.

The writing was on the wall weeks ago. It's a fun game with interesting possibilities, but it's a live service game and there's only ever one way they work, even if it's not PvP-based. Everything straying beyond the lines will be hit with a democratic nerf hammer every single time. And they'll drop shit on purpose that does exactly this, herd everyone into chasing things and then dumb it all down into mediocrity... and the cycle continues.

There's no other way, it's the way these game work - everyone on the hamster wheel for as long as possible. This game might have some of the more "player-friendly" monetisation (lol) and battle pass tactics currently, and players might well continue to fawn over the good guy devs and a CEO who writes such wonderfully quoteworthy tweets, but there's not getting away from what the game is - one in a genre with a rigid and predictable MO for how they go about operating.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
The writing was on the wall weeks ago. It's a fun game with interesting possibilities, but it's a live service game and there's only ever one way they work, even if it's not PvP-based. Everything straying beyond the lines will be hit with a democratic nerf hammer every single time. And they'll drop shit on purpose that does exactly this, herd everyone into chasing things and then dumb it all down into mediocrity... and the cycle continues.

There's no other way, it's the way these game work - everyone on the hamster wheel for as long as possible. This game might have some of the more "player-friendly" monetisation (lol) and battle pass tactics currently, and players might well continue to fawn over the good guy devs and a CEO who writes such wonderfully quoteworthy tweets, but there's not getting away from what the game is - one in a genre with a rigid and predictable MO for how they go about operating.
Have you been playing?

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Sickle and Quasar nerfs...

look-how-they-massacred-my-boy-meme.gif

• sad
Reactions: Entropi
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
Every time I find an effective loadout it gets butchered by a LB patch. Oh well, time to find a new one :(

I would still use them though. I rarely, very rarely get close to running out of bullets with the sickle with my playstyle. To be honest, I think it's fair somehow. 5sec extra is also manageable you just need to run around more before you shoot, good to meet your daily cardio target.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I come back to the UK soon. I can finally play this.
Are people still playing this? How are you guys finding it?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I come back to the UK soon. I can finally play this.
Are people still playing this? How are you guys finding it?
Yes, people still play. Numbers gone down a bit from launch but still 100k+ players even off peak hours. I put in a couple hours a day and I'm over 290h on steam. It's still fun but they keep introducing bugs which take a while to get patched, imo they need to slow their roll and get things solid

20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman

You're trigger happy, I guess. I rarely run like down to 3 magazines before resupplying and I spray a lot but in FPV and changing the scope to 50m for the bots and back to 25mm for the bugs. Also use 100m prone for distant enemies, same with the Quasar to gain stable aiming for those canons and shit.

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I think they are getting ready for some pride capes shenanigans for June, they will put those capes and paint a target on whoever uses them and people will get banned in droves for team killing. This is the classic case of how to kill your game 101 in the year of our lord 2024

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I think they are getting ready for some pride capes shenanigans for June, they will put those capes and paint a target on whoever uses them and people will get banned in droves for team killing. This is the classic case of how to kill your game 101 in the year of our lord 2024
I hope thy don't. Please stay away from tht political crap.

• they're_right_you_know