Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
You keep repeating this but the disclaimer was always there on Steam so there was no breach of agreement with the customer buying the game? Why are they entitled for refunds 3 months after purchase if absolutely nothing changed? It's not an online game that you pay monthly.

Valve is being stupid and if I was Sony I would delete all my games from there.
The "It was there from the start" argument is corporate lawyer stuff. Cool, the corporation has its ass covered. I don't care about corporate level stuff, I care about stuff that could affect me as a gamer. And I also care when a company does something that's morally gray AT BEST. The fact that neither Arrowhead nor Sony knew that PSN doesn't cover the entire world with PSN support is amateurish. And yet they sold the game on Steam in all regions. Before you say it, you can easily create an account from any country but in doing so you directly break Sony's ToS, leaving the account open to a ban.

I'm pissed that Sony brought themselves into a situation that an amateur could have avoided, let alone a professional. A situation that may see them lose money, which could affect their investments, which in turn affects me as a gamer.

Be honest. If this was MS, you'd be all over this, calling them dumb, anti-consumer, shady and all sorts of other names. I just don't get this blind level of faith that sees you defend anything and everything a company does, even if it can screw over legitimate consumers who paid for a product.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
it's too much entitlement for players that would not even receive a single piece of content 5 years ago, this Sony right here needs to come back, want to play PlayStation games, either buy the fucking console or sign in to PS Launcher on PC, enough of this good neighboorhod simpathy, it's about time they realize that they compete directly with Valve in the gaming storefront segment, specially with Steam Deck around
x720

Sad Vince Mcmahon GIF by Justin

Reactions: Systemshock2023
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
The "It was there from the start" argument is corporate lawyer stuff. Cool, the corporation has its ass covered. I don't care about corporate level stuff, I care about stuff that could affect me as a gamer. And I also care when a company does something that's morally gray AT BEST. The fact that neither Arrowhead nor Sony knew that PSN doesn't cover the entire world with PSN support is amateurish. And yet they sold the game on Steam in all regions. Before you say it, you can easily create an account from any country but in doing so you directly break Sony's ToS, leaving the account open to a ban.

I'm pissed that Sony brought themselves into a situation that an amateur could have avoided, let alone a professional. A situation that may see them lose money, which could affect their investments, which in turn affects me as a gamer.

Be honest. If this was MS, you'd be all over this, calling them dumb, anti-consumer, shady and all sorts of other names. I just don't get this blind level of faith that sees you defend anything and everything a company does, even if it can screw over legitimate consumers who paid for a product.
Just because psn isn't 'supported' in all countries doesn't mean you can create a PSN account , as someone else posted on here playstation support said countries not supported can still create an account & list another country as their country aslong as the currency they use is supported

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023
the moment they buy someone like FromSoftware and make their future games PS Launcher exclusives these dudes will be obligated to use their launcher, then we'll see how mad they'll get about it, i've never seen in my life such toxic and hypocritical fanboys as Valve fanboys, literally, what we've seeing is evident real life proof of that
I wish Sony was cutthroat like Nintendo. Fuck all this lovey dovey I wana see PS starve there competition that includes Steam, Nintendo, Xbox, Meta & Apple

Sony better start looking long term instead of short because there heading a dangerous pass PS6 is looking spooky & the conversation & sentiment about PS has never been this low

Reactions: Orangee and Puff

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Take a look in the mirror.
i would NEVER, EVER review bomb a game based on a simple account link requirement, you guys are way worse than any console fanboy i've ever met, you guys are literally losing all right you have to point fanboys in the internet, all of this shitshow is due to loyalty to Valve, it's not about concerns of people in Afganistan not having PSN to link, it's not about data breaches since Steam is way worse in this aspect, it's all about LOYALTY to a platform/brand named VALVE.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I wish Sony was cutthroat like Nintendo. Fuck all this lovey dovey I wana see PS starve there competition that includes Steam, Nintendo, Xbox, Meta & Apple

Sony better start looking long term instead of short because there heading a dangerous pass PS6 is looking spooky & the conversation & sentiment about PS has never been this low
they used to be til 2019

• sad
Reactions: Neversummer

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

“PS6 is looking spooky & the conversation & sentiment about PS has never been this low”. Yeah…in this gaming internet bubble. LMAO But the real world says a different story.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Valve fanboys think they'll get Sony to revert this, they'll end up having all of Sony's games delisted from Steam with this fake outrage nonsense 🤡
Cope more. HD2 has significantly more players ons team than PS5 and Steam has been a major boon for the games popularity.
Sony should have been more upfront with the changes and not made it mandatory. Legally changing a contract after purchase is Sony's fault.

Spiderman 2 is optional
GoT will be optional
Why is HD2 mandatory? We all know why.

Reactions: Yuniac

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Reminder:

PlayStation revenue - 30 billion
10 PC ports + Destiny 2 revenue - 250m
PSN store weekly revenue - 300m

After 4 years, porting almost the entire library and spending 3.7 billion on Bungie, not even 1% of PlayStations revenue comes from PC. PC revenue cannot generate what PSN does in a week. This initiative has been an objective failure. It’s wild that people try to spin it to look good instead of just admitting it.

Now you want them to spend even more resources creating launcher and more ports that will flop? PS launcher on PC is a stupid idea. You guys are lost in the sauce, PC as a whole is nothing but a waste of time that shouldn’t be acknowledged in the slightest.

Put that time and money into new games for console owners, improving backwards compatibility, and remaking classics that need it (ps1/ps2). Things that actually strengthen the console and make PS users experience better.

Wild idea….try catering to people that don’t hate you that are actually willing to spend money and not cry over something as stupid as creating a free account.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Sony should have been more upfront with the changes and not made it mandatory.
That's it. That's the biggest issue. But those people would blame everyone, me, you, Gaben, Minecraft, anyone, before accepting that Sony has fucked up.

• Shake
Reactions: xollowsob

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Reminder:

PlayStation revenue - 30 billion
10 PC ports + Destiny 2 revenue - 250m
PSN store weekly revenue - 300m

After 4 years, porting almost the entire library and spending 3.7 billion on Bungie, not even 1% of PlayStations revenue comes from PC. PC revenue cannot generate what PSN does in a week. This initiative has been an objective failure. It’s wild that people try to spin it to look good instead of just admitting it.

Now you want them to spend even more resources creating launcher and more ports that will flop? PS launcher on PC is a stupid idea. You guys are lost in the sauce, PC as a whole is nothing but a waste of time that shouldn’t be acknowledged in the slightest.

Put that time and money into new games for console owners, improving backwards compatibility, and remaking classics that need it (ps1/ps2). Things that actually strengthen the console and make PS users experience better.

Wild idea….try catering to people that don’t hate you that are actually willing to spend money and not cry over something as stupid as creating a free account.
I think all problems stem from the concept of "success" in late stage capitalism is that if you do not have an exponentially increasing growth you are a failure, this MO leads to some very shortsighted decisions, hence the failed attempt to try to extract money from PC players.

• angry
  • they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer and Umar

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
imagine playing a game for 97 hours a filling for a refund, and getting the refund without paying anything for the hours you played 💀 all of this because of linking an account, that was in the game requirements, BEFORE the release of the game, this is SO WRONG
GMukKh8WEAAXc9e

This is what happened with Cyberpunk 2077, you had people who played 200 hours and still abused the refund system.

Steam users are the worst, I'm starting to think they might be as bad as xbox gamers

Last edited: