Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Does Steam support passkeys? This “infinetly less secure” argument is beyond stupid. When was PSN used to spread malware?

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
So Steam is clarity now 😂😂😂
Man even Steam fans doesn’t understand how Steam works.

How is a generous refund policy charity?
I know that many companies are pretty stringent on things like that(especially in gaming) but there's plenty of companies/industries that allow you to get a refund wayyyy past warranty is over and they will still refund you even if they are not legally required (and in some instances even do so at a loss).

As for the second part of your post, is that necessary?
The strongest computer I own is a macbook Pro from 2013 and the last game I've played on it for more than 2 seconds in the last 2-3 years is Slay the Spire.

Imagine thinking that Steam are refunding games with 100 hours is true and people creating fake refunds on Twitter is not.

Notice how I said a compelling argument.
Going "Hey I played this game for hundreds of hours but actually I kind of realized It's ass, can you give me a refund?" is not going to get you an approval.

There's plenty of instances where that can happen, but it is entirely possible that refunds are not being accepted for Helldivers 2 like people have been saying.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
The best gift this year would be that Sony announces before 2024 ends, they are quitting the PC publishing market and will lastly going forward only Live Service games to be released on Steam. Imagine the glorious day, seeing PCMRs seething amd crying loads of tears.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
just watched Asmongold video on it.

read the comments. what a bunch of brainless cesspool out there. 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
Reminder:

PlayStation revenue - 30 billion
10 PC ports + Destiny 2 revenue - 250m
PSN store weekly revenue - 300m

After 4 years, porting almost the entire library and spending 3.7 billion on Bungie, not even 1% of PlayStations revenue comes from PC. PC revenue cannot generate what PSN does in a week. This initiative has been an objective failure. It’s wild that people try to spin it to look good instead of just admitting it.

Now you want them to spend even more resources creating launcher and more ports that will flop? PS launcher on PC is a stupid idea. You guys are lost in the sauce, PC as a whole is nothing but a waste of time that shouldn’t be acknowledged in the slightest.

Put that time and money into new games for console owners, improving backwards compatibility, and remaking classics that need it (ps1/ps2). Things that actually strengthen the console and make PS users experience better.

Wild idea….try catering to people that don’t hate you that are actually willing to spend money and not cry over something as stupid as creating a free account.
You're absolutely right... I still want a PS launcher for selfish reasons, because I want to play my games at 240hz if I so choose, but if I were in Sony's shoes, the fucking LAST thing I would do is put my games on a fucking competitor's platform whose next move (launching a home consolised PC for the television) could fucking bury them. How fucking hard would it have been to launch a barebones launcher like what Rockstar have to test the waters instead of getting into bed with their number 1 rival. Whoever made these decisions at Sony should be hung and quartered.

I really really like Steam and all, but fuck me it was stupid as shit to put their games there. Partnering with Epic exclusively until they got their own launcher out there would have been a better move to help break the monopoly, and they probably would have made more money doing so cos Epic only take 12% vs. 30% on Steam.

I hope Sony wake the fuck up stat.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I’m glad this happened before their big quarterly meeting. Completely out of touch with reality corpo retards. Even boomer Jim seemingly knew better. Also LOL at acquiring arrowhead after this.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
You're absolutely right... I still want a PS launcher for selfish reasons, because I want to play my games at 240hz if I so choose, but if I were in Sony's shoes, the fucking LAST thing I would do is put my games on a fucking competitor's platform whose next move (launching a home consolised PC for the television) could fucking bury them. How fucking hard would it have been to launch a barebones launcher like what Rockstar have to test the waters instead of getting into bed with their number 1 rival. Whoever made these decisions at Sony should be hung and quartered.

I really really like Steam and all, but fuck me it was stupid as shit to put their games there. Partnering with Epic exclusively until they got their own launcher out there would have been a better move to help break the monopoly, and they probably would have made more money doing so cos Epic only take 12% vs. 30% on Steam.

I hope Sony wake the fuck up stat.
That's valid reasoning, I wouldn't be opposed to late PC ports on their own launcher purely for the sake of games preservation but emulation kinda already covers that. And yes, with Xbox dead, and Switch 2 being weak, Valve is now Sony's biggest competitor.

Another reminder that Epic offered Sony 200m for just 4 ports to EGS exclusively, as well as covering porting costs, so it would've been pure profit. They should've took that deal, instead they ported 10 games to Steam just to not even make 150m from them.

Even the Epic deal is awful considering that just 1 game can make over 200m in its first week. But with how poor these games have sold on Steam, the EGS deal looks amazing.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
I’m glad this happened before their big quarterly meeting. Completely out of touch with reality corpo retards. Even boomer Jim seemingly knew better. Also LOL at acquiring arrowhead after this.
this won't have any effect on an arrowhead acquisition, it'll happen, Sony funds Arrowhead for over 8 years now, the only reason the studio is still open, Ballistc Moon is also funded by Sony

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Arrowhead just threw Sony under the bus
GMuWh8XWQAAsLPa
GMstgx7WoAAtjyI

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
There’s def a hit to playerbase for the weekend…. The international distribution issue and refunds surely made a difference vs yesterday.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
About 40k players less this Saturday vs last for peak concurrent. Today’s peak less than yesterday’s too when the game would typically showcase stronger weekend numbers. Steep playerbase falloff for the week.

It would peak earlier in the day having peak hours different than US prime time. This indicated international appeal… then somehow they managed to fuck up said international distribution with this botched roll out of psn.