Helldivers 2 will require Steam players to sign in with PSN account, led to review bombing games & refunds. |UP| Gamers organizing to revert reviews.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
This is what happened with Cyberounk 2077, you had people who played 200 hours and still abused the refund system.

Steam users are the worst, I'm starting to think they might be as bad as xbox gamers
When those people refund for no reason whatsoever then it's worrying. But people now have a cause.

|I played the game without needing a PS account. Next month, the game won't let me play if I don't make a PS account. I do not like this and this wasn't enforced when I bought the game."

it seems fair to me to ask for a refund. Either way, it's up to the platform that sold me the game to refund me or not.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: xollowsob

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I wish Sony was cutthroat like Nintendo. Fuck all this lovey dovey I wana see PS starve there competition that includes Steam, Nintendo, Xbox, Meta & Apple

Sony better start looking long term instead of short because there heading a dangerous pass PS6 is looking spooky & the conversation & sentiment about PS has never been this low
That remember me the “Xbox hype was never so high with a console, Microsoft is doing everything right” at Series launch lol

Go outside the bubble.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Probably fake imo.
Not even Steam can be so bad business like that.

Steam will refund a game for pretty much anything during a manual refund review if your argument is compelling enough, no matter what. And unless it's a game that nobody has bought in quite some time, Steam doesn't eat the cost.

Reactions: Yuniac

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Steam will refund a game for pretty much anything during a manual refund review if your argument is compelling enough, no matter what. And unless it's a game that nobody has bought in quite some time, Steam doesn't eat the cost.
Fine and it is still does look fake because it doesn’t make business sense 🤷‍♂️

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
Yes. Steam has your best interest in mind, not the developer, you the gamer. If your case is reasonable and you are legit cannot play the game or don't want to for valid reasons. Steam refunds you.

Steam's number one priority is gamers, that is, in fact, a good business.

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Reminder:

PlayStation revenue - 30 billion
10 PC ports + Destiny 2 revenue - 250m
PSN store weekly revenue - 300m

After 4 years, porting almost the entire library and spending 3.7 billion on Bungie, not even 1% of PlayStations revenue comes from PC. PC revenue cannot generate what PSN does in a week. This initiative has been an objective failure. It’s wild that people try to spin it to look good instead of just admitting it.

Now you want them to spend even more resources creating launcher and more ports that will flop? PS launcher on PC is a stupid idea. You guys are lost in the sauce, PC as a whole is nothing but a waste of time that shouldn’t be acknowledged in the slightest.

Put that time and money into new games for console owners, improving backwards compatibility, and remaking classics that need it (ps1/ps2). Things that actually strengthen the console and make PS users experience better.

Wild idea….try catering to people that don’t hate you that are actually willing to spend money and not cry over something as stupid as creating a free account.
in other words, expand.. but expand to mobile where it actually won't devalue your own console

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Yes. Steam has your best interest in mind, not the developer, you the gamer. If your case is reasonable and you are legit cannot play the game or don't want to for valid reasons. Steam refunds you.

Steam's number one priority is gamers, that is, in fact, a good business.
ok bootlicker

• haha
Reactions: xollowsob

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
The "It was there from the start" argument is corporate lawyer stuff. Cool, the corporation has its ass covered. I don't care about corporate level stuff, I care about stuff that could affect me as a gamer. And I also care when a company does something that's morally gray AT BEST. The fact that neither Arrowhead nor Sony knew that PSN doesn't cover the entire world with PSN support is amateurish. And yet they sold the game on Steam in all regions. Before you say it, you can easily create an account from any country but in doing so you directly break Sony's ToS, leaving the account open to a ban.

I'm pissed that Sony brought themselves into a situation that an amateur could have avoided, let alone a professional. A situation that may see them lose money, which could affect their investments, which in turn affects me as a gamer.

Be honest. If this was MS, you'd be all over this, calling them dumb, anti-consumer, shady and all sorts of other names. I just don't get this blind level of faith that sees you defend anything and everything a company does, even if it can screw over legitimate consumers who paid for a product.
You're just repeating the same arguments again about PSN accounts in foreign countries and blabla.

The game was a one-time purchase. They bought and played it for months. They are not in regions where PSN is not covered and yet they are already getting refunds? As I said, absolutely nothing changed for them.

Nobody was affected and nobody was banned and Steam is already refunding them for something that was clearly advertised on the store page and won't affect them in the future anyway.

I doubt you all care that much about people outside PSN regions who MIGHT be affected if Sony can't find a solution.

It's giving me the fake tears for Activision employees 🙄

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Fine and it is still does look fake because it doesn’t make business sense 🤷‍♂️

Steam probably has the most stupid operating margins.
They're also a private company, if they want to make less revenue because they feel a certain way about something, they're allowed to.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
ok bootlicker
Liking and defending a company that has my best interest in mind is bootlicking?

Then what can we call you? you are the one who still has to pay online and their platform lacks so many basic features yet is here every day making threads about how great Sony is. lol

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Steam probably has the most stupid operating margins.
They're also a private company, if they want to make less revenue because they feel a certain way about something, they're allowed to.
So Steam is clarity now 😂😂😂
Man even Steam fans doesn’t understand how Steam works.

Imagine thinking that Steam are refunding games with 100 hours is true and people creating fake refunds on Twitter is not.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
It’s just console wars, only difference is pc players see themsleves as steam players. Steam is just another platform
Yeah & no other pc game launchers have a chance because they got their first & cemented their die hard following , gog is better it doesn't enforce any drm , the ftc should look into them for having a monopoly on pc launchers / stores

Etifilio

Slyper
27 Jun 2023
Liking and defending a company that has my best interest in mind is bootlicking?

Then what can we call you? you are the one who still has to pay online and their platform lacks so many basic features yet is here every day making threads about how great Sony is. lol
i don't hide i'm a PlayStation fan, you keep hiding your toxicity and bias for Valve

• brain
Reactions: Yuniac
27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Yeah & no other pc game launchers have a chance because they got their first & cemented their die hard following , gog is better it doesn't enforce any drm , the ftc should look into them for having a monopoly on pc launchers / stores
But that would obviously never happen or Microsoft,apple Google & Amazon would've all been investigated but of course they're all US companies so they're above the law

24 Jun 2022
in other words, expand.. but expand to mobile where it actually won't devalue your own console

To an extent. Mobile would probably actually justify more 1P AA releases and a good number could probably be Day 1 across console & mobile. Some GAAS titles, as well.

The problem with the PC strategy is that SIE have basically shown that not only will it be Day 1 for all GAAS and eventually all GAAS not already on PC, but also ALL non-GAAS will eventually get PC ports, too. 1-2 years is not much for a PC user to wait for, and if the windows were to shrink, then forget it.

I can also say right now if SIE were foolish enough to go Day 1 on PC for all games, there won't be anymore 3P exclusives, either. No reason for a 3P to miss out on Day 1 on a platform that may (or may not) bring them extra sales when SIE's own 1P content would be Day 1 across the board. No publisher's dumb enough to take that kind of deal.

Yuniac

Veteran
15 Apr 2024
GMw2O0jbcAAlDq2

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
no, mobile stinks, its mostly gacha crap that does well there and that doesn't align with PlayStations vision at all. Forget mobile, forget PC, forget cloud. Focus on console and VR.

Reactions: Neversummer