Hellgate: Redemption announced for console, PC – new game in Hellgate: London franchise by original creator built on Unreal Engine 5.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
1711563831562.png

Lunacy Games, a studio founded in September 2022 by Hellgate: London creator Bill Roper, has signed a licensing agreement with HanbitSoft to create a new AAA game in the Hellgate franchise for console and PC, the company announced. Codenamed Hellgate: Redemption, the game will be set in an undisclosed part of the franchise’s alternate history, demon-apocalypse world.

“I’ve dreamed of returning to the franchise we created back in 2007 for many, many years,” said Lunacy Games CEO and co-founder Bill Roper in a press release. “I’ve always felt I had unfinished business with the Hellgate IP, which is why our codename for the project is Hellgate: Redemption.”

Roper continued, “By using Unreal Engine 5, cloud-based game servers, as many off-the-shelf solutions as possible, and great co-development partnerships, we’re putting every development dollar toward gameplay and innovation. We’re keeping core gameplay and lore elements of Hellgate: London in our current design, but our intent is to build an exciting new experience that takes advantage of the numerous advances the industry has seen over the past 17 years since the original game launched.”

• Informative
Reactions: Sircaw

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
i played this on pc when it originally came out, was not that impressed, hopefully it's become a lot better, colour me intrigued.