Hideki Kamiya explained to IGN why he left Platinum Games

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Reactions: anonpuffs
D

Deleted member 223

Art is a product. Even if you give art away for free, it's still being valued - this case, at $0. That does not mean it did not have a cost of production mix (time-resources-labor).

I understand the distinction he's trying to make here, just find that stock answer so mundane. Could have gone with something more practical and less cliche.

Bayonetta and Vanquish - favorite Platinum games. Vanquish being the best imo, a cult classic whose gameplay and encounter design should have influenced other games. Still believe Vanquish is a good working model for Mega-man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Kokoloko

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Feel like Square always have more employees loyalty than Capcom and Sega employees

Nomura from an art desiger to a writer, write garbage and somehow getting promoted harder. Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts 2 are just straight up garbage storywise.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Feel like Square always have more employees loyalty than Capcom and Sega employees

Nomura from an art desiger to a writer, write garbage and somehow getting promoted harder. Advent Children and Kingdom Hearts 2 are just straight up garbage storywise.

They did chase Sakaguchi away after the Spiritd within flopped.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
The most overrated and overhyped studio in the business. Still surprised they’re operational with their history of flop after the flop. Platinum is legit trash.

I wonder how many times Bayonetta has to sell like 50k units for fantards get the memo that no one gives a shit.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
They did chase Sakaguchi away after the Spiritd within flopped.
To be fair, the failure of The Spirits Within jeopardized the future of Squaresoft to the point of having to sell a chunk of the company to Sony and the having to merge with Enix to stay alive, so it’s hard to cast Square as a villain for showing Sakaguchi the door.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The most overrated and overhyped studio in the business. Still surprised they’re operational with their history of flop after the flop. Platinum is legit trash.

I wonder how many times Bayonetta has to sell like 50k units for fantards get the memo that no one gives a shit.
Yeah, i'm not a big Platinum fan. Even Bayonetta is meh to me.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Well I would say Platinum Games is overvalued but this doesn’t count for Hideki. He is the father of Devil May Cry and man it’s still one best entries in the series. The first DMC means so much to me. Very nostalgic every time I replay it. It would be a dream come true if Sony funds his next game. Imagine a Devil May Cry like new franchise tailored for PS exclusively.

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
Did people seriously think Sony would give thess guys a check? Bayonetta 3 is just meh. Vanquish is just pathetic. It would probably sold a funny 200k copies, maybe 75k domestically and that is the last time we heard about it.

But to be fair, even Kojihack got his check. I still rate this guy about that "autuer hack'