Hideki Kamiya started a YouTube channel explains why he left platinum.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sony shoulda kept Japan Studio alive and filled it with all these great developers who are now leaving other studios.

Kamiya, Mikami, Nakamura and many others, they coulda had thir own teams or sub studios in the Japan Studio building with support.

Ueda is now at Epic, who just fired loads of their employees.... he is another one that shoulda been left to create at his leisure under Sony.
Maybe let him create concepts and story under his own company and then agree when he is ready, he contacts Sony to begin production.

Imagine the amazing games PlayStation would have, with very different flavours, if they had this flexible approach.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kokoloko and Danja

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
Sony shoulda kept Japan Studio alive and filled it with all these great developers who are now leaving other studios.

Kamiya, Mikami, Nakamura and many others, they coulda had thir own teams or sub studios in the Japan Studio building with support.

Ueda is now at Epic, who just fired loads of their employees.... he is another one that shoulda been left to create at his leisure under Sony.
Maybe let him create concepts and story under his own company and then agree when he is ready, he contacts Sony to begin production.

Imagine the amazing games PlayStation would have, with very different flavours, if they had this flexible approach.
No, they did the right thing in closing Japan Studio due to dysfunction and lack of product success.

That can start new studios that will be better.

Keeping something alive that has outlived its ability to succeed is how you end up where Xbox is.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
No, they did the right thing in closing Japan Studio due to dysfunction and lack of product success.

That can start new studios that will be better.

Keeping something alive that has outlived its ability to succeed is how you end up where Xbox is.

Maybe you're right, the main sentiment I have is just that PlayStation should have more development happening in their home territory.

Catering to more diverse tastes and targeting the home crowd. They definitely feel forgotten by Sony from what I see online.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Maybe you're right, the main sentiment I have is just that PlayStation should have more development happening in their home territory.

Catering to more diverse tastes and targeting the home crowd. They definitely feel forgotten by Sony from what I see online.

Nah they made great games. They should of just managed them better instead of losing talent. Its not like Asobi is being managed fantastically right now And they are barey a Japan studio.

The draughts we get now could of been filled with smaller games like they did. Or AA-AAA games by the likes of Toyama, Mikami and others etc

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75