Horizon: Zero Dawn Remastered is the first big project from Nixxes

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Nixxes seems to be working on more than just PC ports:

tlVUF93.png
  • PlayStation's PC porting studio Nixxes has revealed that Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered is the first big PlayStation remaster from the team
  • Coen Frauenfelder, lead engineer at Nixxes Software, previously confirmed that the studio was working on remaster projects and that the studio
Source

Reactions: Bryank75

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Nixxes seems to be working on more than just PC ports:

tlVUF93.png
  • PlayStation's PC porting studio Nixxes has revealed that Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered is the first big PlayStation remaster from the team
  • Coen Frauenfelder, lead engineer at Nixxes Software, previously confirmed that the studio was working on remaster projects and that the studio
Source
As I remember back then they were acquired it was mentioned that they'd focus on PC ports but also would do support and remaster stuff.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
They've already done support work on a few projects IIRC besides their work on PC ports.
One such instance would be for Concord(lol)
Going by the credited people, they were used to art some of the map(s) for the game.

Edmund

25 Apr 2023
They should be focusing on PlayStation 5 pro upgrades/enhancements instead of porting their games to pc and getting them pirated. Stupid fucks.

Reactions: arvfab and Puff

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
So PS first party studios were working on PC port? I mean that explains the horrible first party output. A miss management of time, resources & priority lol
What are you talking about? If 1st party studios are working on PC ports, it’s very small teams inside the studios. So it’s not really affecting development of their bigger projects.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
They're a good studio honestly. I've always held them in high regards since they did the immaculate Tomb Raider 2013 PS3 Game and it ended up being better technically than Crystal Dynamics XBOX 360 version (seeing they were the actual devs)

Just get them to start doing some PS2 & PS3 games please.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
They're a good studio honestly. I've always held them in high regards since they did the immaculate Tomb Raider 2013 PS3 Game and it ended up being better technically than Crystal Dynamics XBOX 360 version (seeing they were the actual devs)

Just get them to start doing some PS2 & PS3 games please.
Over the past decade. Probably the 2nd best studio Sony has acquired after Insomniac.

Reactions: Entropi

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Over the past decade. Probably the 2nd best studio Sony has acquired after Insomniac.
Well when it comes to output and quality control I'd say you're right. Extremely efficient as well. I just wished they were put to better use 😬

Reactions: arvfab

arvfab

Slayer of Colossi
23 Jun 2022
It's a start to not be a useless studio. Now they should work on exclusive PS5 remakes/remasters of older games and maybe even some smaller exclusive new game.