Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered on PC will require a mandatory PSN account, sparking controversy among players.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Sony probably never planned to make PSN mandatory on steam, but after H2, they strictly implemented that on all released games.
I honestly think the argument: "PSN mandatory because for the MAUs needed" is bullshit. What use would be there for needing MAUs for Single Player games? Even the shareholders would laugh. It all comes together...like I said Sony is deliberately making it to exit PC business. So they can later say: "We tried with best effort for long-term success"...
PC business will be halted at PS6 gen.
Just watch see FairGame, Marathon and Until Dawn failing on PC too.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Sony probably never planned to make PSN mandatory on steam, but after H2, they strictly implemented that on all released games.
Not sure... before Helldivers 2 issues exploded others PS preorders pages already had that requirement on Steam.
The account link update in Helldivers 2 game happened in May.
Ghost of Tsushima DIRECTOR'S CUT had the account liking in it page since March.

Reactions: Gediminas

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
@Systemshock2023 Bro, your time is limited. Just laugh as much as you want, but I bet with you that at the PS6 gen, the PC business will be exited by Sony.
There are literally zero arguments speaking for Sony to continue PC ports.

Ps6? That launches in around 5 years. So it's between 25 and 30 ports more. Are we doing this... opening threads for each port released? Until Dawn in a few days. It does get traffic on the forum at least.

Just checked and this year we got at least

Helldivers 2
Ghosts
Gow RagnaroK
HFW
HZD Remaster
Until Dawn
Lego Horizon
Concord (RIP)

They sure as hell are ramping up. Maybe I was too conservative with my calculations.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Eternal_Wings
20 Jun 2022
Salalah, Oman
e00da98c-9c5a-4f8e-bc6d-706a4f9b7162_screenshot.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: Diah

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Every single game published by Sony on PC includes that in the store or in its trailers. But as we know later Sony didn't really make it mandatory in their games, or at least most of them.

I don't get why there's articles about it in every single game.

OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Ps6? That launches in around 5 years. So it's between 25 and 30 ports more. Are we doing this... opening threads for each port released? Until Dawn in a few days. It does get traffic on the forum at least.
Oh boy it’s definitely not 5 years away. PS5 is rumoured to come in 2027. That 3 years. Anyway your running out of time. PC demise on PlayStation will be glorious.
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I honestly think the argument: "PSN mandatory because for the MAUs needed" is bullshit. What use would be there for needing MAUs for Single Player games? Even the shareholders would laugh. It all comes together...like I said Sony is deliberately making it to exit PC business. So they can later say: "We tried with best effort for long-term success"...
PC business will be halted at PS6 gen.
Just watch see FairGame, Marathon and Until Dawn failing on PC too.
I believe any future port that is yet to get budget allocation will be on hold till they see what happens with Fairgame$

Reactions: Diah and Bo_Hazem

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I don't buy PC games that require a second set of online DRM (Steam or Epic ++ PSN). No way, that means that if either Sony or Steam pulls the plug on their servers for some reason I lose access to my game, this is just too risky.
Really? Why do you think gaming media would want to generate bad press for Sony? Who benefits from this? Which company has been getting away with anti-consumer practices unscathed and unquestioned?
Drama does generate clicks.

Generally MS got away with anti-consumer practices, Sony got (well deserved backlash) for their PSN login on games that don't need it... I still think they should have kept their stance for online games, but this is a different thing entirely.