Housemarque "gearing up to launch one of the Nordics' most advanced gaming headquarters by the end of 2024"

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Well deserved, they have a very long history of delivering awesome games: I became a fan of them in the the Commodore Amiga days.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Very cool, I hope they put Super Stardust HD, Dead Nation, and Alienation remasters out for PS5 and Steam with couch coop.

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
This made me happy just because they've been evolving and doing so good game to game. I mean Returnal is so good it has a cult like following now!

• fire
Reactions: The Icon

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Returnal is the best game this generation, and also the greatest video game release since Bloodborne.

Nimrota

Veteran
11 Jul 2023
It's nice to see smaller devs ascend into top levels of developers, be it Housemarque or Larian moving into the AAA space. Considering how many good companies get destroyed over time we absolutely need this growth.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It's nice to see smaller devs ascend into top levels of developers, be it Housemarque or Larian moving into the AAA space. Considering how many good companies get destroyed over time we absolutely need this growth.
They Def deserve it.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I wonder if they're going to transition into that cloud development shit they were talking about a while back with...haven?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
My most anticipated New IP from Sony currently. Whatever they do, I know it will be amazing.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wonder if they're going to transition into that cloud development shit they were talking about a while back with...haven?
The "cloud development shit" of Haven was that they implemented all their game development + office framework in the cloud, in a single solution.

Think using Google Docs instead of Word, or the gmail website instead of the local Outlook, Google Drive instead of saving files locally, etc. Meaning, using cloud versions equivalents of formally local normal office day to day apps/tools to simplify sharing docs, remote work, etc.

What they did was to make the cloud equivalent versions of game development app/tools (like game engine etc) integrated together. And they did it integrating it everything, both the gamedev specific suff and the normal day to day office apps/tools in a single cloud platform environment.

So basically the same any gamedev studio has, but in the cloud and in a single environment, highly increasing productivity of gamedevs and allow them to work remotely from a potato laptop, because avoids many day to day issues and highly decreases (now made in the cloud) time for rendering, compilation, etc. Similar mentality of what they did at Ubisoft, where they were able to work very fast in multiple projects.

As a result, Fairgame$ developement progressed faster than expected, something extremely rare in AAA games. So they thought it could help the rest of the teams to also increase their productivity.

Btw this doesn't mean it's to produce cloud gaming specific games, it's to produce normal games that are played in the console or pc.

• Informative
Reactions: anonpuffs