How E3 felt when Sony, Xbox and Nintendo dropped out - MightKeef

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
They're all doing adjacent streams, essentially the same thing as the usual E3 keynotes minus being in the convention center itself.
I really don't get the point of anyone not on the show floor counting those as skips. You are still, generally, getting your pressers. Possible exception for Nintendo this year due to the proximity to TotK.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bryank75

Old Gamer

Veteran
5 Aug 2022
"Sir, did you just put on your glasses just to take them off dramatically?"

Loving Evil Nintendo here as well.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
People really need to stop comparing separate YouTube streams full of trailers to full press conference with an audience. Not to mention the E3 show floor.

It....Is....Not...The.....Same......Thing.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I prefer E3 instead of these small shitty shows Sony is giving out.

E3 meant we’re gonna get shown a bunch of new games, now its a guessing game when to get a crap show with scraps and 3rd party multi platform titles with the occasional exclusive…

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
People really need to stop comparing separate YouTube streams full of trailers to full press conference with an audience. Not to mention the E3 show floor.

It....Is....Not...The.....Same......Thing.
Who’s comparing them?
They just replaced 1-2 big shows a year with these smaller crappy youtube shows

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
The only reason i liked E3 was that we knew once a year all the Studios and Platforms showed up for 3-5 days of just gaming news.
These days its Summer Gamesfest that can be good but not always and the information is spread over 1-2 months and also The Game Awards, Everything else is dotted about randomly throughout the year.
We can go months or even years of not knowing what they are doing or what is coming out.
Don't get me wrong i like that now they can take there time and make sure they have stuff to show when they do there own shows, but because of that we don't even know if or when they will do one.

Reactions: AniWeeb

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
The arm chair analysts and some of a vocal crowd fucked up E3 when they started complaining about some games being shown that were years out. I never understood that stance. E3 was never about showing games that were immediately coming out within the year but an amalgamation of games being started, presently in the pipeline and games further along. Part of my hype was seeing or hearing something of games that were starting its production and through the years seeing how thy were coming along.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
The arm chair analysts and some of a vocal crowd fucked up E3 when they started complaining about some games being shown that were years out. I never understood that stance. E3 was never about showing games that were immediately coming out within the year but an amalgamation of games being started, presently in the pipeline and games further along. Part of my hype was seeing or hearing something of games that were starting its production and through the years seeing how thy were coming along.
Some people's favorite games were cancelled before they even got the chance to play it once. They never recovered, same for some delays. This is just too hard to describe, there is literally no word for that kind of trauma.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Some people's favorite games were cancelled before they even got the chance to play it once. They never recovered, same for some delays. This is just too hard to describe, there is literally no word for that kind of trauma.
And thts part of the biz even some games we thought for sure were going to drop or were like halfway done never did others in development hell fir years like Crackdown 2 and The Last Guardian did. Most games announced early on from what I see do drop and it's exciting seeing the progression. No I don't want to hear about a game only when it's 6 months to a year out that doesn't build excitement for me.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Yeah, I think these companies caved to a vocal minority of folks who complained any time a trailer didn't have a release date or went in searching for downgrades. Completely changed the way these shows are done and took a lot of the fun out of the whole thing in the process.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah, I think these companies caved to a vocal minority of folks who complained any time a trailer didn't have a release date or went in sesrching for downgrades. Completely changed the way these shows are done and took a lot of the fun out of the whole thing in the process.
Yup and funny enough there was a certain crowd being vocal yet for like three e3's we saw Halo, Gears and Forza over and over in multiple shows along with Sea of Thieves. It was super hypocritical.

Reactions: AshHunter216

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
It’s funny to think back to Sony withdrawing from E3 and all the pundits and fanboys screeching that it was a bad move for Sony and would cause them to lose too much mindshare.

Turns out it was just another way Sony has been ahead of the curve.
Just like Sony was ahead of the curve when it came to adjusting to the changes due to COVID restrictions and moved to work for home environments. I remember when Sony pulled out, the talking points was Sony is scared or they have nothing to show. Who released games now that we on the other end of this and who is still making excuses saying Covid impacted development?