How Sony reacted to Concord flopping - MightyKeef

Hatefield

I am the law
18 Jun 2024
The calls to insomniac and nd were gold.
Nd be like: fool, you shut down our online shooter the hell you calling us? Call bungie to help your mess, oh wait.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
How they actually reacted

Nick Jonas Wow GIF by Jonas Brothers

• haha
Reactions: Bryank75

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
LMAOOOO the beginning was the best, the sly arrogance from the Sony leadership thinking they could do the bare minimum and money would just roll in.

To the panic of them now owing the consumer money 🤣🤣

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Savagefrogdemon

13 Feb 2023
I reckon that a lot of high level chin wagging is going on at playstation over the viability of multiplayer titles like fairgames and marathon.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's good ND shutdown that multiplayer. If that game failed, it would destroy ND. If succeeded, ND will be no more ND.
There is nothing more then massive failure as to cancel the game after so many tweet and announcements. Especially when it had to be shipped in a year or so.
It was a massive L for studio.
As we know, heads rolled.

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
LMAOOOO the beginning was the best, the sly arrogance from the Sony leadership thinking they could do the bare minimum and money would just roll in.

To the panic of them now owing the consumer money 🤣🤣
Didn’t you love Concord? Lol

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
I like MightyKeef. He roasts both sides when deserved. He’s like what SNL used to do. Making fun of both political parties in America, when deserved.

Monkeyclaw

29 May 2024
We're supposed to be butthurt Concord fans.... unable to take a joke or accept it's failure apparently.... lmfao

Keef always posts great content, funny video
I have to admit, I respect how you @Danja are willing to take the jabs in a lighthearted way. :)
Shows sportsmanship and character.

Unfortunately in this day and age, these are uncommon when things go sideways for a group of people.
I also shat on Concord for my own reasons and arguments sometimes got a bit heated but credit where it's due.

Film Festival Greetings GIF by Atlanta Jewish Film Festival

• Shake
Reactions: Danja and voke

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Funny video xD

I reckon that a lot of high level chin wagging is going on at playstation over the viability of multiplayer titles like fairgames and marathon.
MLB, Gran Turismo 7, Helldivers 2 and Destiny 2 are doing great and many other 3rd party multiplayer games too.

It's completely stupid and nonsensical to think that if a MP game didn't work then other MP games for other subgenres made by other teams aren't viable. Specially when most of the most played and top grossing games in the market are MP.

It's like thinking GTA6 and the next 3D Mario many not be viable because the SP game Dustborn recently tanked.

There is nothing more then massive failure as to cancel the game after so many tweet and announcements. Especially when it had to be shipped in a year or so.
It was a massive L for studio.
As we know, heads rolled.
To cancel it after having announced it is a big L, but it's better than to release it and fail or not being able to properly support it after launch.

Because having cancelled it they can refurbish a huge portion of the job done there as content for a SP TLOU3, which could be released shortly after the other two SP games they have in the works.

Last edited: