I have been thru 3 Dual Sense Controllers since launch

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Basically analog sticks were funky on all 3 in some shape. No physical damage. I get bad readings, one doesn’t do turn speed to the left as quickly as the right. One doesn’t go in a straight line and kinda fidgets intermittentl, etc…

Traded them all into GameStop. No questions asked. Walked out with another DS at no cost. Apparently that insurance fee they sell you gives you a new controller. Okay, they got me this time… as long as that’s the case that’s a decent deal.

I love the Dual Sense and I think the build is generally high quality. But these sticks… needs some work.

I’m looking forward to the new line of shooter controllers that’s for sure.

adamsapple

Banned
22 Jul 2022
The battery life is also for shit, doesn't last more than 5, 6 hours despite keeping vibrations, haptics and the LED to a minimum.

Reactions: Elder Legend
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The battery life is also for shit, doesn't last more than 5, 6 hours despite keeping vibrations, haptics and the LED to a minimum.

Eh, I always disable vibration. I think the only game I’ve liked with such functions is Returnal.

I don’t have much issue with battery life. Swapping AAs is far more of a hassle. Plus they have some sweet charging cradles these days.

Stick durability needs some improvement but it’s still the best traditional controller I’ve ever used.

Elder Legend

CEO of Gaming Instincts (Industry Veteran)
10 Jan 2023
Basically analog sticks were funky on all 3 in some shape. No physical damage. I get bad readings, one doesn’t do turn speed to the left as quickly as the right. One doesn’t go in a straight line and kinda fidgets intermittentl, etc…

Traded them all into GameStop. No questions asked. Walked out with another DS at no cost. Apparently that insurance fee they sell you gives you a new controller. Okay, they got me this time… as long as that’s the case that’s a decent deal.

I love the Dual Sense and I think the build is generally high quality. But these sticks… needs some work.

I’m looking forward to the new line of shooter controllers that’s for sure.
Don't worry. @Dodkrake @Bodycount611 @Gediminas Are on their way to tell you how that is a good thing. And you must keep giving Sony more money for the "premium controllers." And how the haptic feedback is the second coming of Christ. They'll also tell you that it's Xbox's and PC gamers fault too.

Also, If they were high quality built, they wouldn't be breaking in the first place. Therefore, they are not high quality. But Sony likes to charge a lot of money because reasons you know.

The only good things about the controller is that they look nice and feel nice. Everything else is doo doo, especially the battery life.

• sad
Reactions: Sircaw and arvfab

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I have only 2.
Both still hold way over 6 hours of playing time.

For I had 2 too... I don't use to buy new controller unless it really breaks.
The batery dies faster but it is not a issue because I always have the others chaning... it take around 3-4 hours of playing time to die.

PS3 I had to buy a 3rd because the left stick always moved to the left automatically lol (it fells like somebody was always holding the left very light all the time... I got use to it chaning the pressure I used while playing but it was annoying)

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
@Vertigo have 3 controllers (2 since release, 1 GoW edition bought a couple of years ago).

One of them has a very slight stick drift on the right analogue, but nothing too serious. Sucks you got unlucky, but perhaps you have more hours in game than me.

OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
@Vertigo have 3 controllers (2 since release, 1 GoW edition bought a couple of years ago).

One of them has a very slight stick drift on the right analogue, but nothing too serious. Sucks you got unlucky, but perhaps you have more hours in game than me.

I play shooters and action games a shit ton. Constantly pressing down thumb sticks for sprint and melee. They get plenty of wear and tear. Every time they fall sticks first when I hit them off the coffee table… my heart skips a beat

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Don't worry. @Dodkrake @Bodycount611 @Gediminas Are on their way to tell you how that is a good thing. And you must keep giving Sony more money for the "premium controllers." And how the haptic feedback is the second coming of Christ. They'll also tell you that it's Xbox's and PC gamers fault too.

Also, If they were high quality built, they wouldn't be breaking in the first place. Therefore, they are not high quality. But Sony likes to charge a lot of money because reasons you know.

The only good things about the controller is that they look nice and feel nice. Everything else is doo doo, especially the battery life.
It’s the best controller I’ve ever used personally, and I’m a Nintendo guy. Controllers used to be their thing.

Reactions: arvfab and Vertigo
OP
OP
Vertigo

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

Xbox controller is shit.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
i bought one of these

61JuR0uX6+L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I seriously doubt you are having 5-6 hour long gaming sessions, just drop it on the charge after an hour or two of play, always be good.

PS5 Charging Station, OIVO 2H Fast PS5 Controller Charger for Playstation 5 Dualsense Controller
They totally charge the controller in 40 mins, an amazing bit of kit.

Cost me 14 bucks on black Friday.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I play shooters and action games a shit ton. Constantly pressing down thumb sticks for sprint and melee. They get plenty of wear and tear. Every time they fall sticks first when I hit them off the coffee table… my heart skips a beat
why not fix them? batteries isn't costing much. like 12$ for 4000mha, or less for 2650mah. you can also change sensor module and install drift fix mode.
is not that hard. i know it is not ideal, but better then nothing.

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Im on my second. First got repaired, but the first one went through hell for a testing gig.

So I have 2 that are in the charging stand, never had issues running out of battery. Defo better battery than the DS4

But yes I wish it had longer battery. Wii U pro controller and DS3 are the battery kings lol

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

i use 2 controllers mainly, the one which came with console and the black one. so both over 2 years, no problem.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Never had any issues with mine that I use daily with all the haptics turned on. I actually want it to break because I have too many + the Edge DualSense. I don't even know what stick drift is 🤷‍♂️

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I've had really bad luck with mine as well. I've had 3 drift on me, one of them right out of the box (to be fair it was a refurb and i just returned it) and one of the good ones has the left stick rubber peeling off. I bought some tools to try to replace the sticks on the latest drifting one and I broke the ribbon cable on one of the boards so I gave up. sucks.

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Destiny claimed a couple of my DS3's and 1 Dualsense went out from normal variety use.

Bottomline, all the big 3 use the same analog sticks in their controllers since ancient times which is why you see such a big issue with Joycon drift, Xbox Elite drift, Dualshock 3, Dualsense drift ad infinitum and class action lawsuits have not deterred the Big 3 one bit. Naturally, MS ended up being the scummiest of all by realizing the fact and shortening their warranty duration as a cost mitigation measure. Sony, as always, followed suit with a similar measure after some time, only to a lesser insulting degree.

You would hope for Sony to actually invest in making an analog stick from the ground up with sturdy build materials so they can last instead of relying on this third party lemon but no..... it's all about cheap cost, solid margins and constant turnover.

Only way this is gonna change is if any of the Big 3 gets slapped with a massive lawsuit with damages in the three digit million category, not the class actions going around whose sole purpose is to fill the bags of the lawyers litigating the case at the behest of "gamers".

With the Dualsense they changed the analog stick position and I, as well as others who commented on it hoped this would lessen the problem but nope, not to any significant degree.

Last edited:

MScarpa

28 Jul 2022
That's the 1 thing I noticed that sucks is the battery life. Besides that tho I've had zero issues.