I'd love to see Jungle and D&B music make a comeback in PlayStation

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I know they're not extremely popular genres of music, but I miss hearing what Japanese composers could come up with in PlayStation and even some Nintendo 64 games in the late 90's. I love where we're at with orchestral, movie epic soundtracks, but nothing, in my opinion, will ever top this niche genre of music that was in games like Ape Escape, 1080 Snowboarding, Klonoa, Ridge Racer Type 4, etc. I've been listening to this mix and I know it's never coming back, but it's great to have this curated for those who enjoy listening to it.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I love that 90s experimental electronic stuff we used to get

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Wasn't 1080 Snowboarding a Nintendo exclusive? I thought it was...

Listened to a bit of the music there, really nostalgic. They should definitely bring some back.

Not sure the kids these days would understand it though.

24 Jun 2022
Big facts, and awesome channel links there. I've been listening to their mixes for a while and came across some great songs through them.

I love DnB & Jungle music in general, so seeing some of my favorite artists like Technical Itch actually making original compositions for games like Roll Cage, or Lemon D on the Tekken Windermere Jungle arrangement track, is amazing. And of course the game-exclusive composers like Sanodg who did amazing Jungle/DnB/techo etc. tracks for the Ace Victory, Tekken, and Ridge Racer games.

There's just something really special about that era of video game music that's just gotten lost over time. Though I think a good chunk of 6th gen soundtracks pumped out similar stuff. You can still find video game tunes inspired by the DnB/Jungle/Techno etc. stuff from the mid-to-late '90s and early '00s, but usually in smaller games and less frequently as time goes on.

Just a few favorites for me:

Reactions: Box

BroodCorp

Veteran
Icon Extra
28 May 2023
One of my all time favorite genres. I’d love a resurgence under the PlayStation banner.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
The game Descenders surprised me with a pretty alright DnB soundtrack

Seriously guys check this one out, these devs obviously big fans of the genre

Last edited: