If Gran Turismo 4 Was Remastered... (8K60 PCSX2 Gameplay)

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

It is pretty amazing what Modders and Fans can do in their spare time.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
GT4 still king of the car collecting/carRPG racing subgenre. What separates it from other racing games besides the usual PD strengths was that it was released in 2005. Right at the end of an era for car design.

After that, cars started turning into the homogenized soulless blobs we see today because "muh safety" and don't get me started on the atrocious SUVs and pickup trucks.

It would be great if both GT and Forza could release a "legends" game with emphasis on cars until that year. Forza 7 was amazing but being a modern game it sacrificed many car slots for stuff like these blobs, trucks, pick up trucks and SUVs.

Reactions: kaluas

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
After that, cars started turning into the homogenized soulless blobs we see today because "muh safety" and don't get me started on the atrocious SUVs and pickup trucks.

"Muh safety" is actually important, however in the name of "muh safety" SUV's should be outright banned, and pick up trucks should only be allowed for those with professional requirements for them. There's absolutely no reason for gigantic cars, especially tall cars, whose bonnet is pretty much the height of a 10 year old, sometimes even a smaller adult. Other than to overcompensate for a small dick, of course.

• haha
Reactions: Banana

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
"Muh safety" is actually important, however in the name of "muh safety" SUV's should be outright banned, and pick up trucks should only be allowed for those with professional requirements for them. There's absolutely no reason for gigantic cars, especially tall cars, whose bonnet is pretty much the height of a 10 year old, sometimes even a smaller adult. Other than to overcompensate for a small dick, of course.

I agree. However, Safety is important but it doesnt have to get in the way of car design. 80s 90s and early 00s cars weren't exactly death traps. Just make it way harder to get a drivers license so there's less idiots driving.
That would also help reducing air and noise pollution.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I agree. However, Safety is important but it doesnt have to get in the way of car design. 80s 90s and early 00s cars weren't exactly death traps. Just make it way harder to get a drivers license so there's less idiots driving.
That would also help reducing air and noise pollution.

It kinda gets in the way of car design, but I do agree it could be more diversified. As for safety, compared to modern cars, 80s and 90s vehicles are death traps, and early 2000s ones are not too far ahead.,

It's a no-contest.

As for driver license, I don't know where you're from, but that's highly country specific. In Portugal it's not easy to get a driver's license, and people still drive like shit. In Ireland it's much easier, and people also drive like shit. I'm sure the US and other countries are the same.

Banning SUVs and cars above a certain size / weight would go a long way in helping road safety. SUVs, while safe for the occupants, are absolutely terrifying for pedestrians and other vehicles.