I’m playing the Last of Us Remake on PS5 - ama

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Someone has a hold of the TLOU Remake for PS5 early and is playing the game and doing an ‘ask me anything’ session on Reddit…

Example excerpt…

Q: Does it feel like a solid PS5 experience overall? In terms of everything - Dualsense features, visuals, mocap, AI, character movement, just basic QoL improvements etc.
Did anything stand out to you in particular?

A: So in short, yes. The gameplay is to be a bit desired, especially coming hot off the heels of part II. The gameplay there feels much more fluid, BUT, as a ps5 experience, this game hits all marks. Especially the audio. It’s unbelievable. The particle effects and the eyes of characters are unreal as well.

Last edited:

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I have it cached….

Q: How is the HDR support? If you have an HDR capable display, how does it compare to other games on PS5?

A: The game looks immaculate with HDR. They show comparison options when deciding to put it on or not. This is without a doubt the best looking ps5 game to date.
i knew it matthew perry GIF

Never doubted Naughty Dog. Now imagine their new PS5 game a couple of years down the road. 🔥

OP
OP
Shmunter

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
i knew it matthew perry GIF

Never doubted Naughty Dog. Now imagine their new PS5 game a couple of years down the road. 🔥
Q: What does the Haptic Feedback feel like, does it actually feel like you’re reloading and stuff?

A: It does on certain guns. Bow, revolver and rifle feel amazing on haptic. The general haptics in the game also feel great but not too overwhelming.

Last edited:

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Most of the answers to questions asked:

Gameplay is identical to the remaster. However, it FEELS better due to the amount of overhaul that went in. The buddy and AI system is similar but marginally better than Part II. Exploration does feel lacking when compared to Part II.

UI looks like Part II! I highly recommend going through all setting cuz you'll find a ton of improvements that make the game very different. For example, the bow and weapon reticles have many different settings. The bow has three different settings, including a rangefinder option (my favorite). The rangefinder upgrade in part II is not present in part I so I highly recommend putting this on, as the bow feels janky if not.

Yes! All gore and enemy interactions are just like Part II. Down to every detail.

This is without a doubt the best looking PS5 game to date.

Yes he has all new animations. Nothing he does is exactly like the remaster. He even as a limp when standing up from crouch which is awesome.

It does on certain guns. Bow, revolver and rifle feel amazing on haptic. The general haptics in the game also feel great but not too overwhelming

VRR if your tv supports. HDR, 60 and 30FPS targets. High fidelity and unlocked frame rate options

Do enemies scream out names like in Part 2

Yes

It looks better than part II. Period. Some areas it's marginal, other areas it's significant.

Gameplay is significantly more smooth than the original remaster. Game mechanics are identical tho. Joel behaves exactly like he did in the first game, in terms of gameplay.

Yes! Stunning enemies by shooting their legs is now in part I!

Yes, he will

And yes the clickers behave exactly like they do in part II

Oogabooga

16 Jul 2022
How much will the game cost and when do we expect a sale? Idk why I feel not sure to pay full price for this 😩

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Q: What does the Haptic Feedback feel like, does it actually feel like you’re reloading and stuff?

A: It does on certain guns. Bow, revolver and rifle feel amazing on haptic. The general haptics in the game also feel great but not too overwhelming.
This is a strange shape for a gun:
ps4 ps3 GIF

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
So, this version of the game has a graphical overhaul with remade assets, and uses a newer version of the engine with improved AI, and people are still saying it isn't a remake?

LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.