In 2024 the second Paper Mario and Silent Hill games got a remakes, what are the odds the first ones do?

RE4-City

4 Resident Evil
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Today is the 20 year Anniversary of paper Mario The Thousand year Door on GameCube in North America, To celebrate let's speculate what are the odds the first game in Paper Mario or the first game in the silent hill franchise gets remade.

With Paper Mario it was available on Wii Virtual Console, Wii U Virtual Console, and now I believe it is on Switch Online and it not being hard to play a copy of it on modern systems at all so I think this actually is more likely to get a remake out of the two. It also helps that Super Mario RPG got a remake last year and Mario and Luigi SS and Mario and Luigi Bowser Inside Story both got remakes on the 3DS!

I bought Silent Hill on my PS3 in late 2022 (Here is a thread I made on it: https://icon-era.com/threads/lttp-silent-hill-ps1.1430/)
and loved it but it being such a big game and it being more realistic than Paper Mario hurts it's chances as I imagine it will require a much bigger budget than Paper Mario 1 and the engine a Paper Mario remake uses will most likely be reused for an Origami king Sequel anyway.
I do want a remake of both or at least a port of Paper Mario 1 that runs at 60fps on a cartridge (I am not subscribing to a service just to play N64 games.)

But I recently spent over $400 for a copy of Paper Mario 1 on Ebay with it's box so if no remake happens I am good either way!
(Do I have a nostalgia problem?)

• fire
Reactions: arvfab
OP
OP
RE4-City

RE4-City

4 Resident Evil
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I hate when remakes don't start at the beginning.
what do you think about the RE situation where the time between RE1 remake and RE2 remake is almost 17 years and some people want a RE1 Remake remake because of the improvements in technology since the 2002 RE1 Remake?

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
what do you think about the RE situation where the time between RE1 remake and RE2 remake is almost 17 years and some people want a RE1 Remake remake because of the improvements in technology since the 2002 RE1 Remake?

If they had started with RE1 Remake, I would have played all of the remakes by now.

I played a bit of RE2 remake and bought RE3 Remake on sale.

Very frustrated with them not going to RE1 Remake again. The first game is clearly not in the same line as these new remakes.

Same thing with Metal Gear Solid Delta and Silent Hill 2.

Not sure why this is the thing to do these days.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
For Silent Hill it makes sense.

Silent Hill 2 is it own thing not connected to others games except for some minor references in Silent Hill 4.
Silent Hill is direct connected to Silent Hill 3... SH3 is basically it sequel.

Thinking that way the better way is to remake first Silent Hill 2, after Silent Hill and then Silent Hill 3.

PS. They are doing the same thing with Dragon Quest... it is better to play DQ3 before DQ1 & DQ2... in this case DQ3 is the prequel of the history... the first Hero.