[Insider Gaming] Helldivers 2 possibly releasing October

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Excellent.

There’s not much overlap here. Not the same kind of players. You can launch a co-op shooter the same day as Spider-Man. I wouldn’t be surprise if it’s early October. The game could be ready and online games don’t need huge marketing campaigns; they live and die on grassroots player support and impressions.

Which means they should have something else for December. TGS should be interesting. Also, Sony only seems to preview games actually coming out soon. That summer showcase where they revealed Marathon was kinda out of the ordinary from their recent game to game media showcase. But so are the quiet reveals for Helldivers.

Baldurs Gate 3 - September
October - Spider-Man, Helldivers
November - ?
December - ?

Keep in mind winter months like February have become huge for blockbusters like Elden Ring and Harry Potter, Gran Turismo 7, Horizon FW and the yearly Destiny expansions.

Last edited:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Excellent.

There’s not much overlap here. Not the same kind of players. You can launch a co-op shooter the same day as Spider-Man.

Liberty Day is the 26th of October which suits the theme of this game.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
marketing might be weird but i could see it being the PS Plus game for October

It would have 2.5 weeks to itself before spider-man 2

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
It looks like a “surprise” launch is coming. Probably just a few weeks before we get an actual playtest.

This was the best look at the game so far. It seems far enough along.