Insomiac is the perfect superhero games powerhouse

historia

Veteran
29 Jun 2023
So with whole Insomiac roadmaps, many here was disappointed that Insomiac turned into a superhero powerhouses.

Honestly, I think it fits them because most of their games are just mediocre(in 2000s). Two franchies that stood out is well, Spyro and Ratchet and Clank.

Ratchet and Clank basically superhero setpiece games while Spyro is know for its verticality, something that SM2 does pretty good job at actually. Basically their two best works has DNA that found it Spider-man into it. There is also another Ratchet and Clank coming so they are not giving up entirely.

Their other work are Resistence. Which is just OK. Shooting feel great, enemy AI and designs, meh. Level designs, terrible. Not a good FPS honestly.

Honestly I wouldn't count on them doing anything other than superheroes thing, which is money printer right now when it comes to AAA singleplayer game, also it ships hardwares.

• brain
Reactions: The Icon

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
They also plan to continue making Ratchet and new IP in addition to superhero games. I like how their roadmap is, I think it's the best one for them and us.

They only need to tone down the woke white signalling, and focusing instead on great writing and being respectful with iconic characters and IPs. Other than that we'll be fine.

Last edited:
  • brain
  • Heart
Reactions: Loy310 and The Icon
D

Deleted member 223

What is it with the word powerhouse in the Asian business lexicon? Always pops up... wonder why from a curiosity standpoint.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Ted Price said he loves first person shooters so I would expect another Resistance soon enough.

That roadmap didn’t show all of Insomniacs plans. You guys are taken those images too literal. It wasn’t meant to be seen publicly.

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Ted Price said he loves first person shooters so I would expect another Resistance soon enough.

That roadmap didn’t show all of Insomniacs plans. You guys are taken those images too literal. It wasn’t meant to be seen publicly.
The fact it wasn't meant to be seen publicly is exactly why you can take it literally.

Edit: @Gods&Monsters I really don't understand the reaction you added. These were internal documents. They had no one to "hide their plans" from. The idea that what was leaked wasn't accurate, so we shouldn't take them at face value, is silly.

Last edited:
  • Surprised
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
They also plan to continue making Ratchet and new IP in addition to superhero games. I like how their roadmap is, I think it's the best one for them and us.

They only need to tone down the woke white signalling, and focusing instead on great writing and being respectful with iconic characters and IP. Other than that we'll be fine.
“They only need to tone down the woke white signaling“ Not going to happen. Lol

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The fact it wasn't meant to be seen publicly is exactly why you can take it literally.

Edit: @Gods&Monsters I really don't understand the reaction you added. These were internal documents. They had no one to "hide their plans" from. The idea that what was leaked wasn't accurate, so we shouldn't take them at face value, is silly.
Is tinking_hard a negative emoji? I wasn't disagreeing with you. I thought it was something like "ummm...maybe that's right" like I'm thinking to myself.

I guess I don't know how to use it 🤷‍♂️

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yeah Im loving there games.

Lets hope Sony keeps expanding them so we can get new ips from them and multiplayer games too aswell as Ratchet and Clank and Marvel games and maybe even a return for older ips like Resistance. God knows PS needs some exclusive 1st person shooters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I absolutely kinda hate this. Seeing that the ONLY thing Insonmiac is doing is Marvel … is beyond fucking lame. Once this deal is over I hope Sony drops all Disney partnerships.

Licensed games have always been the best examples of mediocrity.

That changed with the Arkham trilogy. LucasArts always treated Star Wars like their own… since it was. Even so, outside of Arkham and spider-man, capeshit has still been a massive flop in gaming. Thank god too! Happy to hear gamers have standards.

I applaud Insonmiac for the perceived quality of their games. I trust that they will make good stuff. Also the licenses theyve acquired are more interesting to me — I hate capeshit but will always have love for Wolverine, the x-men and Batman . I might even play them if they’re not the same recycled open world gameplay. Also, not being d-list heroes like Blade, Black Panther and Captain Marvel is hopeful. Then again Disney hasn’t gotten the chance to butcher X-men too … yet.

I think Hollywood is a dumpster fire. Has been for ages. It’s only Disney marvel braindead no stakes garbage. For that reason, and raping Star Wars, I boycott everything Disney. Everything.

Would I prefer Sony only works on their own original stuff? Hell fucking yes. They don’t need Disney. Let Microsoft sign all that stuff. Nothing of value will be lost. Not for gamers.

However if you’re a teenager I wouldn’t be surprised if you think it’s the best thing ever… I forgive your stupidity.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I absolutely kinda hate this. Seeing that the ONLY thing Insonmiac is doing is Marvel … is beyond fucking lame. Once this deal is over I hope Sony drops all Disney partnerships.
They aren't only doing Marvel, we saw they are also working -or plan to work on- Ratchet and two new IPs.

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
They aren't only doing Marvel, we saw they are also working -or plan to work on- Ratchet and two new IPs.

Im sure they will be succesful. And the deal will serve its purpose for the next decade. But I can’t help but be a pessimist in regards to the amount of workload studios can carry as they may have in generations passed. So no I don’t think they realistically have anything actively being built outside of the slides. Not within the next few years. (Ratchet sure)

Sony has managed to make Spider-man feel like its own product since the original Raimi films. It’s sort of a unique scenario when it comes to marvel. That you can still associate as a Sony product.

What they’ve done with the gaming end is equally as impressive. Batman to Spider-Man’s success in gaming mirrors how it worked out in film with Batman 89 to Spider-man.

Do I think they can do the same with x-men? Yup. Also expecting megaton results. Something that could even surpass the money made with the avengers films. Where marvel drops the ball in film Im expecting Insomniac to strike gold thru their raw talent.

Long term I would prefer original ip. They e already bled comic books dry with film adaptations. Now we’re onto game ip adaptations. For years gaming has been bustling with ideas and as someone who vastly prefers it as a medium over film I will actively support fresh ideas over licensed anything and don’t want to see it suffer similar fates. Something bigger, better and new is always around the corner.

And Sony in particular has successfully managed to build their brand from nothing and now with established ip. I don’t want to see them leverage outside licenses. They are capable of doing what Nintendo does.