Installbase: France Hardware Sales Estimation

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Some hardware sales estimation in France for the year... thanks to the people of InstallBase.

France Hardware estimate (January - September):

Console20242023LTD
PlayStation 50.6M0.75M3.0M
Nintendo Switch0.4M0.48M8.4M
Xbox Series<75k0.10M>750k
Total1.1M1.33M-

Plus if anymore is interested in the week ranking...

GFK - WEEK 41, 2024 (OCT 06 - OCT 12) - [INDIVIDUAL FORMATS] - [UNITS] - [RETAIL ONLY] - [NO BUNDLE]

01 (NE) [PS5] DRAGON BALL SPARKING! ZERO (BANDAI NAMCO ENT.)
02 (01) [PS5] EA SPORTS FC 25 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
03 (NE) [PS5] SILENT HILL 2 (KONAMI)
04 (02) [NSW] THE LEGEND OF ZELDA: ECHOES OF WISDOM (NINTENDO)
05 (03) [PS4] EA SPORTS FC 25 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
06 (NE) [XBS] DRAGON BALL SPARKING! ZERO (BANDAI NAMCO ENT.)
07 (04) [NSW] EA SPORTS FC 25 (ELECTRONIC ARTS)
08 (NE) [PS5] METAPHOR: REFANTAZIO (ATLUS)
09 (NE) [NSW] FINAL FANTASY I-VI PIXEL REMASTERED COLLECTION ANIVERSARY EDITION (SQUARE ENIX)

10 (07) [NSW] MARIO KART 8 DELUXE (NINTENDO)

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
PS5 still doing mediocre numbers in France, can't say I'm surprised.

Metaphor isn't doing too hot across Europe it seems

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
PS5 still doing mediocre numbers in France, can't say I'm surprised.

France, at this point in time, is the second Japan.

Metaphor isn't doing too hot across Europe it seems

From some of the numbers weekly numbers we've got for France/Spain it has done better than P3R and other recent titles.
Atlus games just don't sell that much in Europe, but it has done the best out of recent releases.
Probably has to do with how the franchise didn't get EFIGS(minus the E) translations till circa 2018~ and Persona 5 Royal was the first big title to get those.

This continues the trend of Atlus RPGs(minus Soul Hackers 2) opening to a bigger/faster number worldwide.
It's a steady upward trajectory that will no doubt culminate in the release of Persona 6 in...2026?

Reactions: ethomaz

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
Metaphor ain't doing well especially considering France is the anime country of Europe, great SH2 doing well, ofc DBSZ no surprise.

PS5 is on track to match PS4's 6 million sales, excluding this year's holiday sales. To put in context, Switch is the best selling console of all time in France when it passed 7 million.

OP
OP
ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Metaphor ain't doing well especially considering France is the anime country of Europe, great SH2 doing well, ofc DBSZ no surprise.

PS5 is on track to match PS4's 6 million sales, excluding this year's holiday sales. To put in context, Switch is the best selling console of all time in France when it passed 7 million.
France is the anime country in EU.
But is it the anime game country in EU?

I say that because Metaphor seems to be one of the best selling games in France for Atlus… I think only Persona 5 did better than it.

Similar thing happened in Spain.

Last edited:

CrackmanNL

4 Apr 2024
France is the anime country in EU.
But is it the anime game country in EU?

I say that because Metaphor seems to be one of the best selling games in France for Atlus… I think only Persona 5 did better than it.

Similar thing happens in Spain.
Not doing well l mean it's still in the top 10. Expected it to do better than SH2 based on audience and the high ratings.
But same time it's also people can only spend their money/time once and chose Sparking Zero over it. Could be tough competition and weak marketing.

• Informative
Reactions: ethomaz