Interview: Final Fantasy 16's Devs on Clive's Name, God of War's Leaves, and Fulfilling Fans. Traditional God of war a big influence.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Can you talk a little bit about some of the games that have maybe inspired or influenced the development of Final Fantasy 16? So personally I see a little bit of God of War and The Witcher, and I'm curious if they were references for you while you were developing it.

Yoshida:
I love the two games, especially God of War. The craziness of the boss battles in God of War, when it was a more traditional action game, is just... The game design is so different for each stage, and the boss is so unique, everything is made with power, and you can feel the power. So, while I personally also really like the most recent God of War games, I look back further to the original God of Wars, and especially the boss battles in those, how the boss battles are all crazy, they're all different designs for each, they're all unique, they're all over the top, and in getting inspiration from that and creating our Eikon versus Eikon battles to kind of have that same feel.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, Eikon fights looks bonkers, remember me GoW big battles.
Previews getting praised.
Also, someone said that Zelda won't win goty for him because one game is more impressive, that's clearly FF16

Reactions: Gamernyc78

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Just straight up shove this game up my ass already. My prostate is ready
But.... you're so bone-y!
GIF by NBA

• haha