Intuit to shut down popular free financial app Mint by end of 2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Intuit, the owner of well-known services such as CreditKarma and TurboTax, are shutting down the free app "Mint" that they acquired in 2009, and pushing active users to use their CreditKarma service.

Bloomberg article

Intuit Inc. is winding down personal-finance app Mint, and pushing users to shift to Credit Karma, a similar service that the company acquired in 2020.

Mint will no longer be available at the start of 2024, the company said Tuesday. Popular features to track personal spending and income are offered on Credit Karma, where users are invited “to continue their financial journey,” Intuit said.

A lot of people use this app to manage monthly budgets and are reasonably outraged.

Let this be a warning: when you are getting something for free, YOU are what's on sale. Never trust a company that gives you free shit because it always comes back in the end.

• angry
Reactions: GrayWolf323

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Lol I use both Mint and Credit Karma but I stopped using Mint entirely when I learned about Credit Karma because its the same thing but works 10x better.

Let this be a warning: when you are getting something for free, YOU are what's on sale. Never trust a company that gives you free shit because it always comes back in the end.
Eh, not a big deal, I use turbotax anyways so they already have all my info regardless.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
You have app to do the taxes work for free?

I have to pay for consultant, files the papers than they return with an invoice.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
You have app to do the taxes work for free?

I have to pay for consultant, files the papers than they return with an invoice.

My taxes just pay themselves. Someone just sends me a cheque for doing nothing and i jus repay him with the money that person gave me! It’s a amazing system.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
I wish I can live in somewhere that doesn't have income or property tax

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Good thing I don’t pay taxes hehe
mkfcygp.jpg

• haha
Reactions: Snes nes