Rumor: Firesprite new game Project Heartbreak. Moriarty basically confirming past rumors to be true. Do you think it might be an Until Dawn sequel?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

From Colin Moriarty on the latest episode of Sacred Symbols.

Summary:
- Female protagonist
- Takes place on an island
- contemporary setting
- Producer: Matthew O'Sullivan
- Writer: Pierre Shorette
- Animation director: Mondo Ghulam

Crazy to see that back in 2022 insiders got Death Stranding 2 correct except they called it "Ocean" I mean they got it from the leaked Sony docs but it's still crazy we knew back then.

Some back story on what they are working on..

As for what’s next, job ads have suggested that Firesprite is working on a new story-driven AAA survival horror game, which, according to alleged leaked PlayStation documents, is codenamed Heartbreak, is built on Unreal Engine 5, and will release for PS5 and PC

Do you think it might be an Until Dawn sequel???

Now we have another piece of the puzzle in our hands, as Jason Schreier suggests over on Reddit that Heartbreak wouldn't be a new IP.

Considering that Shinobi602 shut down speculation that Ballistic Moon's – the UK studio responsible for the upcoming Until Dawn remake – second in-development title, Project Bates, would be an Until Dawn follow-up, I now believe that Firesprite themselves are the ones that might have been working on an Until Dawn sequel all along.

Everything we know about Heartbreak – a horror narrative adventure with a branching storyline – kinda checks for an Until Dawn sequel that would swap the snowy mountain setting for an island this time around.

Looking at how Sony will be giving the Until Dawn IP a heavy push over the coming years – with both a remake of the 2015 original and a movie adaptation in the works – I wouldn't be surprised if this theory turned out to be accurate.

rTKIQnA.jpg
[/

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Ryan

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I guess Project Bates is the Until Dawn remake and Heartbreak is the new ip.

The writer for the Firesprite game apparently worked on a lot of Telltale games like the walking dead, which had some pretty good writing imo.

Animation director worked on a lot of Rockstar games like GTA.

I wonder if it will be that style of game or if it will be something with more gameplay mechanics.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I guess Project Bates is the Until Dawn remake and Heartbreak is the new ip.

The writer for the Firesprite game apparently worked on a lot of Telltale games like the walking dead, which had some pretty good writing imo.

I wonder if it will be that style of game or if it will be something with more gameplay mechanics.
I think and I'm hoping it has more gameplay mechanics. Not to mention Firesprite is suppose to be like a real technical, graphics new team for Sony and I doubt their first game would be in the vain of Telltales.

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I think and I'm hoping it has more gameplay mechanics. Not to mention Firesprite is suppose to be like a real technical, graphics new team for Sony and I doubt their first game would be in the vain of Telltales.
Yeah. UE5 and the kind of talent they hired implies good graphics, so it likely won't look like a Tellgame game, but I wonder if it will play like one or will it be more like one of the more gameplay-focused horror games like dead space or resident evil. Could even be somewhere in between like silent hill.

• they're_right_you_know
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah. UE5 and the kind of talent they hired implies good graphics, so it likely won't look like a Tellgame game, but I wonder if it will play like one or will it be more like one of the more gameplay-focused horror games like dead space or resident evil. Could even be somewhere in between like silent hill.
Well, excited to find out!

Perrott

21 Jun 2022
A88fitT.png

It's been over three years since Sony's UK studio Firesprite has been working on that's been described in job openings as a dark narrative adventure game with a branching storyline and genre-defining ambitions.

Codenamed Project Heartbreak, as we learned through an XDEV leak from 2022, this horror title is being developed for PS5 and PC and built in Unreal Engine 5. According to a recent report by Colin Moriarty, Heartbreak would be set in an island during contemporary times and feature a female protagonist (likely part of a larger cast of playable characters, I suppose).

Now we have another piece of the puzzle in our hands, as Jason Schreier suggests over on Reddit that Heartbreak wouldn't be a new IP.

Considering that Shinobi602 shut down speculation that Ballistic Moon's – the UK studio responsible for the upcoming Until Dawn remake – second in-development title, Project Bates, would be an Until Dawn follow-up, I now believe that Firesprite themselves are the ones that might have been working on an Until Dawn sequel all along.

Everything we know about Heartbreak – a horror narrative adventure with a branching storyline – kinda checks for an Until Dawn sequel that would swap the snowy mountain setting for an island this time around.

Looking at how Sony will be giving the Until Dawn IP a heavy push over the coming years – with both a remake of the 2015 original and a movie adaptation in the works – I wouldn't be surprised if this theory turned out to be accurate.

rTKIQnA.jpg

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
A88fitT.png

It's been over three years since Sony's UK studio Firesprite has been working on that's been described in job openings as a dark narrative adventure game with a branching storyline and genre-defining ambitions.

Codenamed Project Heartbreak, as we learned through an XDEV leak from 2022, this horror title is being developed for PS5 and PC and built in Unreal Engine 5. According to a recent report by Colin Moriarty, Heartbreak would be set in an island during contemporary times and feature a female protagonist (likely part of a larger cast of playable characters, I suppose).

rTKIQnA.jpg
I don't think it is but who knows.

Perrott

21 Jun 2022
I don't think it is but who knows.
There aren't that many - if any - other horror IPs that Sony owns and would fit with what Heartbreak has been described as.

I doubt they're making an interactive movie game out of Siren, Rule of Rose, The Last Of Us or Bloodborne.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
There aren't that many - if any - other horror IPs that Sony owns and would fit with what Heartbreak has been described as.

I doubt they're making an interactive movie game out of Siren, Rule of Rose, The Last Of Us or Bloodborne.
No I just think it's a whole new IP regardless of what Schreir states but we shall see. It's possible.

Reactions: Perrott

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It may be the dark horror adventure we saw mentioned in the past in their job offers. Could be an Until Dawn sequel, sure. Having the remake and adaptation coming it would make sense to make a sequel.

Making it set in a tropical-ish island would be a great choice because of the contrast and because of...

I'd love to play it, loved the first one.

Last edited: