Is it worth it to buy a PS2 or a backwards compatible PS3 to play my old PS2 Games?

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
My PS2 isn’t in the best condition right now it doesn't play all games, Is it worth it to buy a ps2 or ps3 from Ebay or should i invest in a decent PC to play PCSX2?

I'm wondering what would be the best experience, as for PCSX2 how would i emulate the pressure sensitive buttons?

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
PS2s, the backwards compatible PS3s have issues and they’re hard to maintain. Even with good maintenance they can still die for no reason. Or you can emulate but I’ve no clue about pressure sensitive buttons.

OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
PS2s, the backwards compatible PS3s have issues and they’re hard to maintain. Even with good maintenance they can still die for no reason. Or you can emulate but I’ve no clue about pressure sensitive buttons.

For some games like MGS3 and Bouncer it was used, also since racing games used X it was very useful kinda like how we use R2 to drive now.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Buy a PS2 ONLY if you have a CRT TV. IQ is abysmal on any other displays unless you have an expensive upscaler.

If possible buy one of the old models so you can run games through an HDD by modding the console. Slim models can run games through USB sticks but read speeds are so slow that can impact playability on some games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and Entropi
OP
OP
Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Buy a PS2 ONLY if you have a CRT TV. IQ is abysmal on any other displays unless you have an expensive upscaler.

If possible buy one of the old models so you can run games through an HDD by modding the console. Slim models can run games through USB sticks but read speeds are so slow that can impact playability on some games.

I used to have a Sony Trintom, but we got tid of it. If only i knew how valuable CRT tvs would be