Is there any lost media out there you guys are interested in?

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
Is there any lost media out there you guys know about that you are currently hunting for? If you don't know what that is, it is just media that was once viewable but is now gone until found again.

for me it was this amazing James Bond parody I saw on Youtube (or maybe Google Video before that shut down) back in 2006 that I can't tell if it was recorded with a okay home camera from the 2000s or a decent film camera from the 80s but the summary I have of it is pretty much this:

I distinctly remember three scenes in the youtube video and the first one is it started off will the guy playing bond running away from these people in a building and locking himself in a restroom and putting on scooba gear. (I think it might of been close to a dam or something making you think he was going to jump out of a window into the water below) and instead of that it cuts to a scene where the bad guys catch up and knock down the door but its too late, James bond flushed himself down the toilet to escape.

Then the other scene I remember is later in the movie he is running away from people on a busy side walk and gets on a skate board and it has like a boost mode on it so he can leave them behind.

The Last scene I remember is Then There is a scene where he is fighting people in a backyard pool and he uses a net that is used for getting leaves out of a pool to knock down a power line from a telephone pole going to the house into the pool electrocuting one of the bad guys.

I searched all over youtube and google using the date feature from 2005 - 2007 just in case it got reuploaded after 2006 but have not been able to find it anywhere on youtube or other sites so I think this might be counted as lost media?

Last edited:

toucandela

24 Sep 2022
mishmash.games
Two things come to mind that have evaded me for a looong time.

United States of Television was a clip show of US media. From early/mid 90s. So probably has loads more lost stuff in it. Basically a mixtape presented by Laura Kightlinger who I thought was pretty cool. For some reason the clip I always remember most was dark camcorder footage of a clown being repeatedly run down by a car. Plus a fair bit of LA scene stuff of the time. There was a follow up series called TV Pizza which wasn't as good but still fun. There's a few clips of that online but it's the first one I'd like to see again. Never saw all the episodes.

Other one is an episode of Comedy Lab from Channel 4. Around 2007. 'Uncle Rubbish Presents Shit Club'. It was surreal deadpan humour done with voice overs for lots of toy figures. Style was a bit similar to a series called Jam by Chris Morris. I only saw the second half and want to see it all. I think loads of those random episodes are gone for some reason. Odd as it wasn't that long ago.

PropellerEar

Veteran
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I don't have anything that niche... but all these cheap 80-90s action movies, it is hard to find them on any streaming services.
Accidentally stumbled on RakutenTV and found a treasure trove of Jackie Chan and Bud Spencer & Terence Hill movies for free.
bud spencer fandom GIF
Jackie Chan GIF

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022

Before I found it on Web archive and reuploaded it to youtube myself, this was a big one for me.

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
22 Jun 2022
Two things come to mind that have evaded me for a looong time.

United States of Television was a clip show of US media. From early/mid 90s. So probably has loads more lost stuff in it. Basically a mixtape presented by Laura Kightlinger who I thought was pretty cool. For some reason the clip I always remember most was dark camcorder footage of a clown being repeatedly run down by a car. Plus a fair bit of LA scene stuff of the time. There was a follow up series called TV Pizza which wasn't as good but still fun. There's a few clips of that online but it's the first one I'd like to see again. Never saw all the episodes.

Other one is an episode of Comedy Lab from Channel 4. Around 2007. 'Uncle Rubbish Presents Shit Club'. It was surreal deadpan humour done with voice overs for lots of toy figures. Style was a bit similar to a series called Jam by Chris Morris. I only saw the second half and want to see it all. I think loads of those random episodes are gone for some reason. Odd as it wasn't that long ago.
Foreign streaming sites can be good for old/rare TV shows, juuust make sure you have adblocker and a video ripper ready.

Only place I found a handful of Hank (2009) episodes was some random site called rutube or something like that.

Reactions: toucandela

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
The lost stuff I want to see is actually REALLY lost. The uncut versions of many movies had their deleted footage destroyed, either deliberately like the Friday the 13th movies and Leatherface: Texas Chainsaw Massacre III, or accidentally, like the hospital scene from Blade Runner that was lost in a fire.

Last edited:

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I find myself missing commercials. I use adblockers and don't watch much modern television, so I don't see ads anymore and when I see something like SCTV or WNUF Halloween Special I get nostalgic for commercials from the 80's and 90's.

I almost want to find a way to get a shitload of commercials from that era so I can create create a media server that runs classic ads between pre-woke entertainment.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
I find myself missing commercials. I use adblockers and don't watch much modern television, so I don't see ads anymore and when I see something like SCTV or WNUF Halloween Special I get nostalgic for commercials from the 80's and 90's.

I almost want to find a way to get a shitload of commercials from that era so I can create create a media server that runs classic ads between pre-woke entertainment.
I can't believe for the past two years I have gone on to youtube to look for commercials that use to play on tv from the 00s when I was a kid, how strange that at one point in life you wish to never see ads and now I am going out of my way to watch ads for products that are no longer being sold

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nym