It finally happened, I saw a PS5 (besides my own) out in the wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I'm driving to waco Texas for an event and decided to stop by a walmart on the way and saw this!

Have any of you here seen a PS5 out in the wild before?

The real test will be going back there the next day to see if it's still there, what the hell am I am even saying, 1 hour later 😍

But yer rare as hell

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I'm driving to waco Texas for an event and decided to stop by a walmart on the way and saw this!

Have any of you here seen a PS5 out in the wild before?

Never seen them here, I think there are backorders for a long while yet here.

I do wonder how that box even got to a display.... maybe it's more of an Xbox area? haha

Either way it probably wont last long there.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022

I do wonder how that box even got to a display.... maybe it's more of an Xbox area? haha

I was comtemplating buying it for my friend but I'm going to a wwe event in waco so I'm kinda past round rock Texas and got about an hour til I get there so I'm not in a huge city at all.

The address is 620 S Interstate 35, Georgetown, TX 78628
Not a busy area whatsoever, there we a few switch Oleds and lites and even one series s in stock.

I think I walked by the guy who just stocked them too, there was a employee standing at the spot before I got there so I didn't see if they were there before he was after he left.

OP
OP
RE4-Station

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
The real test will be going back there the next day to see if it's still there, what the hell am I am even saying, 1 hour later 😍

But yer rare as hell
I'm pretty sure I got lucky and walked past the employee who just stocked them, there was an employee standing in front of the display area so I didn't go there at first and checked out the switch and Xbox secrtion and when he left I saw them there!

ZubraZap

6 Jul 2022
I was comtemplating buying it for my friend but I'm going to a wwe event in waco so I'm kinda past round rock Texas and got about an hour til I get there so I'm not in a huge city at all.

The address is 620 S Interstate 35, Georgetown, TX 78628
Not a busy area whatsoever, there we a few switch Oleds and lites and even one series s in stock.

I think I walked by the guy who just stocked them too, there was a employee standing at the spot before I got there so I didn't see if they were there before he was after he left.
Starting a cross-country road trip to go pick one up now... just kidding.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I've seen a few in ireland but only momentarily. They go out of stock within minutes of being placed for sale. Most of them are not even in store, just online.

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
I've seen a few in ireland but only momentarily. They go out of stock within minutes of being placed for sale. Most of them are not even in store, just online.
I have noticed this a lot even in the UK for a lot of things not just Consoles, I was in a Argos the other day looking at Laptops and at least 95% of what they had was order Online and get Delivered / Pick-Up only.

Reactions: AniWeeb

PSXC

24 Jun 2022
US

Wow! It's really happening. (Shout out to Waco Texas Super Walmart)

• party
Reactions: Bryank75

BloodMod

Fear the Old Blood
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
The first time I saw a PS5 box at a shop, it was a good 2 months before I got my email to pick up mine.
Insane how hard the shortage hit.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Bodycount611

Veteran
1 Jul 2022
it's suprising to even see new dualshock 4's in stock tbh.

if i see one they're in speciality shops and costs around $110, lol.

i haven't seen a single playstation system, 4 or 5 new, in stock pretty much anywhere for close to 3 years now. and that's across both Canada and Japan... :LOL:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
plot twist: it's an empty box

That's what they do here in the shops... loads of them stacked on the shelves, then you ask and they say..... 'computer says noooo'

They are always talking about stock due in 'next month'.... next month is always next month again.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Kretos
Status
Not open for further replies.