Italian journalist seems to confirm the imminent release of the PS5 Pro

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Did the dev delay the game because of the PS5 Pro or to release their game along with it?

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
A fellow Italian, I see.

french reaction gif GIF

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Some Gamescom press atendees mentioned that they think that some stations supposedly running PS5s in reality had a PS5 Pro instead.

it's time for another PS meeting dedicated to the PS5 Pro :cool:

It would be cool, but I'd reduce that 3 hours long show to a 1 hour long show.

Edit: just saw there that PS4 Pro was announced the day they announced PS4 had sold 40M units, "around 3 years and a half after launch" (was almost 4 years, September 2016). PS5 is a bit over 3 years and a half after its launch, but it's at 60M units sold almost in September 2024. But launch aligned PS5 is behind PS4, what am I missing? Something doesn't match here.

Last edited:

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
Did the dev delay the game because of the PS5 Pro or to release their game along with it?
If he was delaying to next year to launch with the PS5 Pro then the launch wouldn't be imminent.

It's more likely that he needs to delay the game in order to implement a PS5 Pro path.
The leaked documents had something like Sony demanding that every game launching after september needed to have a PS5 Pro profile, even if it's just a basic slightly higher resolution mode.

• Informative
Reactions: Entropi