It's Official: Marvel's Avengers Is Gone

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
marvel-s-avengers.jpg

It's happened, Marvel's Avengers is no more. Just three years after launch, the game has been delisted from all storefronts but will remain playable for anyone who picked it up before the takedown. You should still be able to play with friends, but any issues you run into won't be addressed, and there will be no more events.

Marvel's Avengers at least ended on a slightly better note than it opened on, as the price was cut by 90 percent. This netted you the Definitive Edition, which includes all of the cosmetics and DLC for free. In practice, this should help Marvel's Avengers feel like any other single-player game, rather than a live service that just had its roadmap come to an end.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
C'mon. It was 5$
Not for most of its lifespan.

I played it in beta, and something about the way the screen rendered gave it a weird fisheye lens effect when turning the camera that made my head pound and made me nauseous.

Between that and then being forced to play as Kamala Khan, I said “Fuck this garbage” and went on to ignore it completely.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Anyone thinking SqareEnix was wrong to sell off Crystal Dynamics never played Avengers.
And you think it was fair to force a single player focused studio make multiplayer GaaS type game? CD had a very good track record prior to this shit.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Not for most of its lifespan.

I played it in beta, and something about the way the screen rendered gave it a weird fisheye lens effect when turning the camera that made my head pound and made me nauseous.

Between that and then being forced to play as Kamala Khan, I said “Fuck this garbage” and went on to ignore it completely.

Of course it wasn't. I've referred to recent price before removal from stores. It was discounted very quickly after launch, though . Actually....

Still too much

....It was 3,99$

Last edited:

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's crazy that this game flipped so hard. It's reasonably well made, good looking, and attached to one of the biggest IPs. In the old days you'd expect a game like this so sell even if it was shit.

Snes nes

Banned
4 Aug 2023
It's crazy that this game flipped so hard. It's reasonably well made, good looking, and attached to one of the biggest IPs. In the old days you'd expect a game like this so sell even if it was shit.

well you still have marvel vs capcom that’s better than this game anyways.
Of course it wasn't. I've referred to recent price before removal from stores. It was discounted very quickly after launch, though . Actually....

....It was 3,99$

im of course saying this jokingly but it’s still too much.