Jason Blundell back at SIE/Playstation? |UP| New studio under Sony?

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Only problem is areas that that have trouble recruiting. One of the issues xenimax had with redfall was the higher if pool was pretty thin and they had trouble recruiting locally or getting ppl to move to Austin because of the political situation in Texas. Most of the U.S is pretty much a no go zone for the games industry which leans pretty liberal. U aren’t going to convince top talent from California or Washington state to move a very conservative state was small population centers with no local night life and is cultural homogeneous asf. Things have improved with now so many studios offering remote work but still the industry clusters around certain metropolitan areas and I think publishers prefer it because it a lots for better support amongst its teams and the possibility of being able to cross pollinate talent and tech more easily.

Yeah, they said that. But then Retro, id, Bluepoint, Aspyr, Gearbox and Bioware Austin (among many, many others) are located in Texas with most being in the Austin area. Its one of those places like Montreal or Leamington that gives them generous subsidies. Seems to me more like a source with an agenda was axe grinding and the reporter was all too happy to go along with it. A boohoohoo, Austin is too rightwing for me.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Concord and marathon are already sci fi

We need just a basic bro shooter

Absolutely.

A standard military shooter. Bungie have 2 sci fi shooters and Concord is the third.

Honestly don’t know why Sony ditched MAG and Zipper Interactive.

Same for Sony Online and Incognito.

Defies logic.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Absolutely.

A standard military shooter. Bungie have 2 sci fi shooters and Concord is the third.

Defies logic.
They put Zipper on the PS Vita which ran the studio into debt of course... Same way they killed off their best FPS studio Guerilla Cambridge by tying them to PSVR

• sad
Reactions: Diah and Muddasar

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Looking forward to it. The more PS exclusives the better
Weird how he left and came back.

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Only problem is areas that that have trouble recruiting. One of the issues xenimax had with redfall was the higher if pool was pretty thin and they had trouble recruiting locally or getting ppl to move to Austin because of the political situation in Texas. Most of the U.S is pretty much a no go zone for the games industry which leans pretty liberal. U aren’t going to convince top talent from California or Washington state to move a very conservative state was small population centers with no local night life and is cultural homogeneous asf. Things have improved with now so many studios offering remote work but still the industry clusters around certain metropolitan areas and I think publishers prefer it because it a lots for better support amongst its teams and the possibility of being able to cross pollinate talent and tech more easily.

Yeah. I was being sarcastic. 🙂

Reactions: shrike0fth0rns

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
What are we all wanting it to be though? Modern day? Sci-fi?
I'd want Sony to release shooters that kill both Halo and CoD.

I assume Concord already is going to target Halo/sci-fi CoD, so for this one I'd target a modern day CoD/Battlefield killer with no US military propaganda to make it appealing in more countries.

I'd start by taking note what works in these games and what doesn't, and what their fans or potential fans are asking about. In my case, I'm not a FPS guy or a MP guy and I miss a great and long enough narrative SP campaign as we had in Killzone 2 o 3.

Put there a great 7-15+ hours long SP campaign and I'll be in. But I assume they'll go MP only because MP is where the money is.

Pretty likely because their last games weren't profitable and companies don't like money pits.

Last edited:
  • Shake
  • haha
Reactions: Kokoloko and Zzero

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I'd want Sony to release shooters that kill both Halo and CoD.

I assume Concord already is going to target Halo/sci-fi CoD, so for this one I'd target a modern day CoD/Battlefield killer with no US military propaganda to make it appealing in more countries.

I'd start by taking note what works in these games and what doesn't, and what their fans or potential fans are asking about. In my case, I'm not a FPS guy or a MP guy and I miss a great and long enough narrative SP campaign as we had in Killzone 2 o 3.

Put there a great 7-15+ hours long SP campaign and I'll be in. But I assume they'll go MP only because MP is where the money is.

Pretty likely because their last games weren't profitable and companies don't like money pits.
Yeah, if there's one thing modern day era FPS gamers want its less US military and more of the Generic Republic occupying Pretendistan.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Yeah, if there's one thing modern day era FPS gamers want its less US military and more of the Generic Republic occupying Pretendistan.
It works very well in games like GTA, Far Cry, Fortnite, Apex, Killzone and so on. No need to include real countries. Or at least not putting ones as "the good guys" and other ones as the "bad guys", as games like Rainbow Six do.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
It works very well in games like GTA, Far Cry, Fortnite, Apex, Killzone and so on. No need to include real countries. Or at least not putting ones as "the good guys" and other ones as the "bad guys", as games like Rainbow Six do.
None of those are modern day military shooters?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
None of those are modern day military shooters?
I didn't say that all of them are modern day military shooters. I said that non having real countries or not having a "good guys country" vs "bad guys contries" work for them.

So if it works for them, being some shooters, some set in modern days, or some of them both, it could work for a CoD-like game.

voke

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
So the top people from Treyarch are working at SIE... honestly that's extremely exciting