Jedi Survivor sees 20-30 FPS gains on all PCs after Denuvo removal

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

When it was released, Star Wars Jedi: Survivor was criticized for its performance on PC, but through various updates, Respawn has managed to significantly improve the game's performance. With the latest update, some players have already reported a significant improvement in performance, with 20 to 30 more frames per second, as shown by YouTuber Sky Knight Benchmark.

via IGN

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
Canadian Agree GIF by CBC

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
If I owned a dev/publishing company all my PC games would absolutely require an internet connection to cut down on piracy or to basically have zero piracy. I wouldn't use something like Denuvo because it hinders performance.

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
20fps. Ouch. Denuvo really is shit.

But can we conclude its solely due to Denuvo? The patch also included further optimizations, basically they got the game out of Alpha. Because I have never seen such an FPS increase just by removing Denuvo.

Anyway, good thing it performs better now.

Reactions: Zzero

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The patch was made to increase performance of the game…

Putting the increase in the sole reason of remove Denuvo is not correct.

This guy from some site said it correctly.

Whether Denuvo was the cause of Jedi Survivor’s framerate hitching depends on which of the hundreds of Reddit threads on the anti-piracy software you believe, but the important thing is that no Denuvo means you should be able to play Jedi Survivor offline now.

People are just pushing the narrative against the anti-piracy software without evidence.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
The patch was made to increase performance of the game…

Putting the increase in the sole reason of remove Denuvo is not correct.

This guy from some site said it correctly.

People are just pushing the narrative against the anti-piracy software without evidence.
People are, as usual, pushing a disingenuous narrative that only pirates are critical of Denuvo.

Reasonable DRM is fine and justified. Denuvo is not good DRM.

Old Gamer

Veteran
Founder
5 Aug 2022
So you choose to use the most draconian method instead? Truly an icon era moment right there.
Denuvo is pretty much the most draconian method. It already turns single-player games into always online.
But can we conclude its solely due to Denuvo? The patch also included further optimizations, basically they got the game out of Alpha. Because I have never seen such an FPS increase just by removing Denuvo.

Anyway, good thing it performs better now.
Maybe not as dramatic, but other games have gained performance improvement by removing Denuvo.

Humankind: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021...-strategy-game-dev-blames-performance-impact/

RE8: https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021...s-crack-removes-stutters-from-capcom-pc-game/

Doom: https://steamcommunity.com/app/379720/discussions/0/152391995412899390/

Common sense should dictate that adding threads with network latency to the mix is going to have a non-negligible performance cost.