Jeff Grubb: Dragon Age Dreadwolf delayed to Summer 2024

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Dragon-Age-Dreadwolf-e1654197124211.jpeg.webp

A new report suggests that Dragon Age: Dreadwolf has been internally delayed. The fourth mainline entry in the Dragon Age series was announced back in June 2022. While a release window was left out, reports suggested that it might be released in 2023, but it has apparently been further pushed to 2024.

According to journalist, Jeff Grubb, the title was internally planned for a September 2023 release but was pushed to 2024. The latest development came during the latest episode of Grubb’s Game Mess Mornings:

Internally at one point, they were looking at was next month, Sept 2023, but the game gets getting pushed back, and they moved the internal expectations to March 2024. And they pushed it back again, now its not coming out till summer 2024, and its very likely its moved again.

2024 will mark around 9 years since the game’s development began. The title apparently began its development in 2015. It was first planned as a narrative-driven game, then became a live-service title, finally reaching its final form as a single-player.

• haha
Reactions: Zzero

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
It's not uncommon to see gameplay of a game that is still 2 years away. There's a lot of announced games floating around with Team ICO dev cycles and no gameplay to show.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
From now on every time I hear about a game delay I'll be assuming it's due to the series s

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Inquisition is a terrible game and was the first huge stinker from Bioware. I know the hate seems to start with Andromeda and Anthem but nah man… it’s Inquisition. Honestly, both those games are better.

Still have some passing interest to see if NuBioware can even make anything comparable to their previous games. I don’t expect them too.

They should change the name of the studio at the point

I’ll be in for the next Mass Effect reboot tho. Can’t resist that…

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
Inquisition is a terrible game and was the first huge stinker from Bioware. I know the hate seems to start with Andromeda and Anthem but nah man… it’s Inquisition. Honestly, both those games are better.
DA Inquisition still manage to win GOTY in 2014 those other two dont