Jeff Grubb: "I don't think the KOTOR Remake will ever come out"

P

peter42O

Hope he’s very wrong. As someone who never played the original and not into turn based games anymore, I was really looking forward to the KOTOR Remake especially since it was rumored to copy the combat system from Final Fantasy VII Remake which I thought was excellent.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Eh, it’s kinda only expected to be a remake in name only tho. Disney wars canon will pollute and ruin the og narrative for sure and they want everything in modern media in a unified canon, Jedi survivor included…

It wasn’t that encouraging when they signed aspyr media when the project started.

I’d love to see a legit remake that doesn’t change the original narrative but I don’t see it happening. I can’t even see the morality system making it in if staying with canon is a thing. It won’t work.

• brain
Reactions: Bryank75

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
How hard is it to just update graphics on an existing game? Some really useless devs out there

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Pretty sure he's just speculating here. The problem with Jeff Grubb stories is that people take his off-hand speculation and treat it as a legit leak, though this project seems to be in development hell due to being handed off to teams that weren't really built to deal with a project like this.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
It's important to consider that he's throwing many personal guesses, he obviously doesn't have insider info about all the projects or what it's going to be shown there and most of what he says there are personal bets having the same info than all of us.

He can be totally wrong, like when talking about Bluepoint he doesn't know that after Demon's Souls they worked in GoWR and that the whole studio is credited its game credits.

Yobo

Veteran
29 Jun 2022
It's important to consider that he's throwing many personal guesses, he obviously doesn't have insider info about all the projects or what it's going to be shown there and most of what he says there are personal bets having the same info than all of us.

He can be totally wrong, like when talking about Bluepoint he doesn't know that after Demon's Souls they worked in GoWR and that the whole studio is credited its game credits.
Or more likely you don't know, no matter how many times you repeat it

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I mean, that's the problem with using Aspyr and second rate studios to make games.. (No offense to anyone that works there).

Some of the people there may do great work but they probably are not as consistent or have the experience in project management as the top tier places.

I was REALLY looking forward to this and from what I understood the combat was being changed to a more action focused style, much like what they did with FFVII Remake...and some might not like that but I think the force powers and lightsaber skills would look great in that style.

Reactions: flaccidsnake

Systemshock2023

Veteran
8 May 2023
Canceling this game after 1313 was canned would hurt too much specially if it's being replaced by some multiplayer crap a la battlefront.