Jeff Grubb: PlayStation Showcase happening between May and early June

Unchained

5 Dec 2022

Last edited by a moderator:

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You know this time Sony has many new IPs coming from their new partners and in-house studios. Most of these partnerships and acquisitions happened between 2019 and early 2021. This means that many of their games are ready to show and expect release between early 2024- late 2025.

However, I don't know if they are going to put them in a showcase or announce them and show them individually in a State of Play.

This summer show he is talking about might be nothing but a Spider-Man deep dive in a State of Play + some PSVR2 titles + Some Indie. It makes sense to happen in June or July once FF16 releases so they show next game which is Spider-Man 2. Then November showcase showing DS2 because if you follow Sony's pattern, that will be next after Spider-Man 2. So, DS2 is Q1 2024😁

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
Sony's got a lot of studios that haven't spoken in a while. Among the ones I think are the most likely to have something ready to show, I'm personally most looking forward to what Sucker Punch and Bluepoint have been working on.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony needs to flex with an E32015/E32016 like event after so much fear mongering from the press and shills because of the Bethesda/ABK deals. Just bury Xbox once and for all by announcing/showing as much as possible.

Shocked 😱

Happens every year since Sony abandoned E3.
I mean we reached the slow news point?
Didn't happen last year. We just got a State of Play instead.

Last edited:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
2023 we gonna have a showcase and state of play. believe me, i am insider.

P

peter42O

Why that day specifically?

It's my prediction date plus it starts my annual E3 not E3 anymore 12 day vacation and with Keighley's Summer Game Fest earlier that day, it would be a great start of showcases for me.

Reactions: anonpuffs