Jeff Grubb: Some unannounced games from established PlayStation IPs are coming this year. Astrobot Rumblings.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I mean we have Helldivers 2, returnal, sackboy this gen. I wouldn't consider any of those major ips.
Major is major, sony has only very few of them which i can consider as Major. Those are : God of War, Spider Man, Gran Turismo, Uncharted and Last of Us.
Maybe Horizon went there, but they totally fuck it up. Everythingvelse is s not major in my book.
But there is some games which kinda could go there.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Personally wouldn't mind a new ASTRO game that demo for the Ps5 was great. It'd be a shame if they didn't atleast try to make something non vr related from it. Might even be more popular then sackboy honestly.
Rescue mission is one of the best platformer ever.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS and reziel

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Maybe to you, but you have to remember who's saying the words.
In his worldview, being a finance guy and #2 most powerful Sony exec, LBP is not even a medium IP.
True case of "arrogant Sony", LBP had two of their best selling games in the PS3 gen.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
So he thinks he knows better than Hiroki Totoki, SIE interim CEO?
I consider LBP a big IP, Returnal is a new IP. Only Helldivers fits the description.

Totoki said they won't release this fiscal year new titles of exising top selling blockbuster franchises as were Spider-Man 2 or God of War Ragnarok.

Which means they could release new IP (Stellar Blade, Concord, Marathon, Fairgame$, Convallaria, Lost Soul Aside, new Cory IP, new Team Asobi IP, new Firesprite IP...) or release sequels of not super seller IPs (Until Dawn remake, Death Stranding 2, new Astro game, Twisted Metal, new LBP-I think won't happen-, new Returnal -I think won' happen-.

Last edited:

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Concord is slated for this year, a 1st party from PS. So yeah I think Hiroki was talking about new games from their existing IP not seeing the light of day this year.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
when the Sony CFO is talking aabout ‘major’ to investors they are talking about 10 million + sellers, horizon, God of war, TLOU, etc. things they are spending 100 million plus on to get a 300 million plus return on. Thts what moves the needle and sells consoles.

s far as us core gamers are concerned a Astro Bot could be major but its not gonna sell like super mario, it may just be something tht ends up selling 4-5 million copies life time, it might be a ps5 pro game for all we know.

We already know Concord is coming out so im not sure why people keep thinking that means no games are coming out when they’ve already confirmed that and Until Dawn are Infact coming out

Reactions: PS_ROCKS