@JeffGrubb affirmed once again State of Play will happen in September 2024

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I think it will be announced today or tomorrow.

Normally every year Sony normally has a stream every Septembre a few days before TGS. Considering TGS starts Thursday, it would make sense to have the SoP tomorrow or wednesday.

Mostly 3rd party focused, with some 1P and indie thing. Mostly Asian target but a bit of something to everybody. No big megatons and maximum one or two big game announcements/gameplay reveals.

Last edited:

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
Bruh whats the point they going to show lego horizon and horizon remaster, SoP will do more damage than just doing a blogpost 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: Johnic
OP
OP
Eternal_Wings

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Focus on 3rd Party games from Japanese & Asian developers. Aptly for Tokyo Games Show slot. Not sure how much of that will be exclusive to PlayStation. Probably a mix of both. Remaster and Remakes announcement could be expected.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Punished Grubb redeemed...

metal gear solid goodbye GIF

• party
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
This will be a fairly big show they are about to open pre orders for new hardware that needs games to show it off.

TGS is later this week and the reality is the PS5 Pro is going to sell out on its own.

I do hope we see Ghost 2 at TGS and I do hope we see an event for the 30th anniversary on December 3rd.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Punished Grubb redeemed...
No need to be an insider to know that Sony makes a pre-TGS show in September every year.

It's like to say EA will release a new EA FC game next year and that Nintendo is working in more Mario, Pokemon and Zelda games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Bryank75