Jordan Middler of VGC states we will see ‘Twisted Metal’ soon

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
He created a post on X earlier this week that stats

PODCAST QUESTION: What PlayStation franchise that hasn't had any games in a decade deserves to come back? (Bloodborne was 9 years ago before you weirdos start)

In response someone mentioned twisted metal and his response was:

Twisted Metal was originally rumored to be a 2023 game from Tom Henderson

Then it was soon after Andy Robinson of VGC later corroborated it

They’ve since reported on it multiple times, that the game might have been transferred from Lucid Games to now first party SIE studio, Firesprite. Also reporting that the Motorstorm director would be lead on the game.

It looks like we may see our first look at the game this year or even a release of the game later this year or early next year as it would fall under new or non-major ip following Sony’s statements about game releases this year.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Good to see the Motorstorm director on board, but I never cared about this franchise.

Once it releases it would officially be sonys oldest, on-going gaming franchise.

The first Twisted Metal game came out in 1995 which would make it 30 years old if it were to come out next year

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
He created a post on X earlier this week that stats

In response someone mentioned twisted metal and his response was:

Twisted Metal was originally rumored to be a 2023 game from Tom Henderson

Then it was soon after Andy Robinson of VGC later corroborated it

They’ve since reported on it multiple times, that the game might have been transferred from Lucid Games to now first party SIE studio, Firesprite. Also reporting that the Motorstorm director would be lead on the game.

It looks like we may see our first look at the game this year or even a release of the game later this year or early next year as it would fall under new or non-major ip following Sony’s statements about game releases this year.

PS gamers have so much to look forward to.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Once it releases it would officially be sonys oldest, on-going gaming franchise.

The first Twisted Metal game came out in 1995 which would make it 30 years old if it were to come out next year
I mean who cares if it's bad->mid. I thought the PS3 game was kinda shit. I'm surprised to find it actually got good reviews at the time. Anyway they should bring back Battle Arena Toshinden if they want to revive the oldest PlayStation franchise.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I mean who cares if it's bad->mid. I thought the PS3 game was kinda shit. I'm surprised to find it actually got good reviews at the time. Anyway they should bring back Battle Arena Toshinden if they want to revive the oldest PlayStation franchise.

It’s not really bad/md though, in fact i think it was the only real notable IP sony first party had for a while outside of Gran Turismo, and then later god of war and Spyro Ratchet. It’s why it stuck around for so long.

I also think the idea is pretty novel in 2024 when every multiplayer game is just becoming people shooting at each other. At least the idea of introducing cars and backstories make it like sonys version of Rocket League.

Plus, it already has built in promotion around the show.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
I loved the series on PS1. Played the crap out of 1 and 2. But when they released on Premium, I just couldn't get into them. That's a rare thing for me. Usually if I liked a game back then, I have no problems going back.

Neversummer

27 Jun 2023

I think it releases in 2024 w a big 2025 30 anniversary event + its rumor to be a live service potentially could be PS next sleeper live service. Not really many live service games or games in general like TW, car combat weapon hopefully you can get out of vehicles aim down sight in 3rd & 1st person like HD2

Reactions: Remember_Spinal

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I wouldn't waste time and resources with Twisted Metal, and would make a new Wipeout & Motorstorm PSVR2 friendly games instead. Maybe a crossover of both, Wipestorm

Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
I wouldn't waste time and resources with Twisted Metal, and would make a new Wipeout & Motorstorm PSVR2 friendly games instead. Maybe a crossover of both, Wipestorm

Too bad they shut down studio Liverpool and Evolution studios

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Too bad they shut down studio Liverpool and Evolution studios
Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst resurrected both studios killed by previous executives: Firesprite is basically Liverpool Studio + Evolution + Bizzarre Creations resurrected and combined, wih also many talent from Lionhead, Supermassive and Guerrilla Cambridge plus many other AAA studios.

• Surprised
Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst resurrected both studios killed by previous executives: Firesprite is basically Liverpool Studio + Evolution + Bizzarre Creations resurrected and combined, wih also many talent from Lionhead, Supermassive and Guerrilla Cambridge plus many other AAA studios.

Maybe they aren't so bad after all

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I think it releases in 2024 w a big 2025 30 anniversary event + its rumor to be a live service potentially could be PS next sleeper live service. Not really many live service games or games in general like TW, car combat weapon hopefully you can get out of vehicles aim down sight in 3rd & 1st person like HD2

The car controls have to feel good and the destruction has to feel good. Thats one thing DAS at least got right.

They really need to make sure they bring back arcade/story mode though, even if they do use fully cg cutscenes. I wouldn’t mind something like they old games if the art is good

• thisistheway
Reactions: xollowsob

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
They should defo do those next. VR friendly like GT7 is a must and would be awesome for those games and PSVR2

Also something like modnation racers ( for a platform kart racer, it was pretty decent ) and use actual PScharacters/ mascots now that those characters/games are alot more popular during the battle all stars times.

And also add use other franchise characters like Fortnite does

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Cool, I was never a big fan but Ill take it.
Bring back Jak n Daxter, Killzone, Resistance, MotorStorm, Sly etc